Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Something is wrong with my doggy :(

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:51 AM
  • 49 Replies

Around dinner time I noticed she was holding up her front paw. This makes it very hard for her to walk, she is an older boston terrier (11 years). She is acting worse as the night goes on. Now she is laying beside me on the couch and she keeps whining. She will fall asleep then wake up with a yelp like she was hurt. She can't get her paw comfortable. Now with the constant whining IDK what to do? She has only been out twice today and not for long because it is so cold. I watched her both times so I know she didn't hurt it outside. And IDK how she would have hurt it inside. She did have a seizure earlier but I held her so she wouldn't get hurt. I clipped her nails too and that didn't help. Anything I can do until I can call the vet? 

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShoeStrings
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:55 AM

BUMP!

MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Maybe an.ice pack? Might help sooth the pain, and a bone,
Jinx-Troublex3
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:57 AM
Why can't you call the vet now, instead of posting online?
JackieGirl007
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:57 AM

I have a Boston too, and one time she split her paw and limped and babied it for weeks. I taped it together and that really helped her.

Do you have a pic? Here's mine:)

lyranightshade
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:58 AM
Is her pad ice burned? The pads of dog's paws can be injured by extreme weather. If you have Vaseline, try a little of that on the bottom. Might soothe a little.
ShoeStrings
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Quoting MagicMonkey: Maybe an.ice pack? Might help sooth the pain, and a bone,

I'm not sure where to apply it? She is holding it up but idk if it is her upper leg lower leg or paw. I don't see anything visible that could be hurting her. I tried to find out where it was hurting her and I pulled on her paw a little to straighten it out and she immediately yelped. So IDK, I'm clueless and sad for her. I am hoping she just goes to sleep and sleeps really good all night then feels better tomorrow but it ain't looking good. Normally she would be asleep by now. 

gabandsheasmom
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:59 AM
It is safe to give a dog a baby asprin or Bayer asprin. That will help him with pain till you can get to the vet.
gabandsheasmom
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this
It is safe to give a dog a baby asprin or Bayer asprin. That will help him with pain till you can get to the vet.
ShoeStrings
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:00 AM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: Why can't you call the vet now, instead of posting online?

It's 1am. There is no vet open right now and the on call vet has a messaging service where they call you back. I called them at 10 and since I haven't heard anything so far I am assuming it will be tomorrow. I live in a small town, not much to choose from around here.

cbear2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:00 AM
This

Quoting gabandsheasmom: It is safe to give a dog a baby asprin or Bayer asprin. That will help him with pain till you can get to the vet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)