Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know where your kids are?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:52 AM
  • 24 Replies

I have a good friend who shares custody of two of her children with her ex.  He refuses to allow her to know where he lives.  She is not even certain of the town.  Pick up and drop off is at her house.

I find it weird that she is not allowed to know where her kids are.  Does anyone else not have stipulated in the custody plan that the custodial parent must know the address of where the children will be when with the visiting parent?  Or have an ex who refuses to allow you to know where your kids are?

babiesbabybaby development

Hi!  My name is Jenn!

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:54 AM
I wouldn't be able to jandle that and would probably get someone to follow him home so that I know, I would just panic too much.not knowing
wonderstruck11
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:57 AM

That is not cool. She needs to know those things!

dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:57 AM
Dh's court order says bm has to tell us where ss is staying with her. However, she's his where she lives from us a couple times and flat out lied to us when we asked her.

I cried myself to sleep from worrying more than once during that mess
Sassy762
by 200 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Absolutely . I didn't allow him visitation and nor did I let him know where we lived. We came to an agreement...I won't ask for child support, he never sees the kids.

Schizomom91
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:58 AM
It is in mine that I have the right to any and all info regarding my child.
And visa versa
DevinAnnesmom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:59 AM
That's messed up!! She has a right to know where her kids are.
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:00 AM
Our court order says that he has to provide his address.
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Okay, you guys confirm what I thought... it is weird.  I have told her this, and she isn't happy with it either.  But then, he also didn't tell his gf that he wasn't divorced from my friend for almost 2 years.  He's kind of a shady person.  I told her that if she goes to court again, that she should make sure that is in the parenting plan.  I find it completely unacceptable that he is purposefully hiding his address from her.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:06 PM

That's a little different lol

Quoting Sassy762:

Absolutely . I didn't allow him visitation and nor did I let him know where we lived. We came to an agreement...I won't ask for child support, he never sees the kids.

babiesbabybaby development

Hi!  My name is Jenn!

mamabear55
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:07 PM

I think my kids are in the house?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)