Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A question about Corrie ten Boom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
In the camps, did she try to convert Jews? The religious talk in The Hiding Place is annoying me already. Tell me she proselytized to Jews and I will put it down for good.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:25 AM
Anyone?
KelticLady
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Not that I know of. I believe she just tried to live her faith.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:36 AM
I guess in another book she wrote about "converting" a Jewish man on his deathbed. I really hope she didn't try to do it to Jews in the camps.

Quoting KelticLady: Not that I know of. I believe she just tried to live her faith.
KelticLady
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:39 AM
She was young in the camp. Her sister just encouraged her to hold on to her faith and do what she was told. Many times she would be angry and complain. Her sister always encouraged her to believe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:47 AM
I don't think she was young. I believe she had turned 50 already when she first started hiding Jews.

Quoting KelticLady: She was young in the camp. Her sister just encouraged her to hold on to her faith and do what she was told. Many times she would be angry and complain. Her sister always encouraged her to believe.
KelticLady
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:57 AM
You are so right! I don't know what I was thinking! I think I was thinking that her faith was still young? Not sure how to explain. Her faith grew and matured while she was at the concentration camp. I don't know if that makes sense at all. The story was still a neat one.

Quoting Anonymous: I don't think she was young. I believe she had turned 50 already when she first started hiding Jews.

Quoting KelticLady: She was young in the camp. Her sister just encouraged her to hold on to her faith and do what she was told. Many times she would be angry and complain. Her sister always encouraged her to believe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:38 PM
She was the only one of her family to survive, correct?

Quoting KelticLady: You are so right! I don't know what I was thinking! I think I was thinking that her faith was still young? Not sure how to explain. Her faith grew and matured while she was at the concentration camp. I don't know if that makes sense at all. The story was still a neat one.

Quoting Anonymous: I don't think she was young. I believe she had turned 50 already when she first started hiding Jews.

KelticLady
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:47 PM
I think so. Her mom passed before it all started right? Her dad passed soon after the Nazis invaded? If I remember correctly her sister died in the camp or soon after? It's been a loooooong time since I read the book and saw the movie.

Quoting Anonymous: She was the only one of her family to survive, correct?

Quoting KelticLady: You are so right! I don't know what I was thinking! I think I was thinking that her faith was still young? Not sure how to explain. Her faith grew and matured while she was at the concentration camp. I don't know if that makes sense at all. The story was still a neat one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Well, based on the movie, she talked about God to those closer to her. I haven't read her book though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Quoting KelticLady: I think so. Her mom passed before it all started right? Her dad passed soon after the Nazis invaded? If I remember correctly her sister died in the camp or soon after? It's been a loooooong time since I read the book and saw the movie.

Quoting Anonymous: She was the only one of her family to survive, correct?

In the movie her dad was taken and at the end I think it says he died in a camp.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)