Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

DH was completely against getting a second dog, well today he came home and said he'd like to get a second dog soon! We had 2 dogs but one of them passed this fall and our other dog seems to really miss having a furry playmate, of course DH, the kids and I play with her but it's not the same I guess. So I got on to look up adoption places in the area, most of them want are $300. Since we're not planning on doing it immediately, it's fine. BUT I found some cute dogs that fit what we're looking for, without meeting them we obviously don't know 100% that they're a fit for our family but the descriptions and pictures do.... Hate him for mentioning it so soon! lol. Anyway, looking for suggestions on breeds, something medium sized and low shedding...?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TygrrEyz
by Marie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:47 AM
Boston Terriers are awesome dogs. they are medium sized and very friendly.
The.Last.Rebel
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:50 AM

If I ever get another dog, it'll be a Schoodle, small but sweet.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

3MusketeerMama
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Poodles are low shedding/hypoallergenic dogs.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:38 AM

poodles dont really shed very much and are high energy.  labradors are balls of energy as well.  i dont believe they shed very much.  Golden retrievers are great family dogs, but yeh they will shed you a great winter coat!  LOL

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:39 AM

schnauzers are medium and dont shed much i think.  I prefer mutts overall though due to less health issues.  My local animal shelter only charges about $75 to adopt even for pure bred dogs.  I think it would be $150 at most at an animal shelter.

Sassy762
by 200 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Yorkies don't shed but they are probably too small for you

ShoeStrings
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:43 AM

I love my Boston! Perfect family dog. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:48 AM

Maybe a mix? Lol it's one of those dogs I just don't think is cute :/ maybe it's the ears lol

Quoting TygrrEyz: Boston Terriers are awesome dogs. they are medium sized and very friendly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:49 AM

I assume poodle mixed with something? Lol I've never  heard of it

Quoting The.Last.Rebel:

If I ever get another dog, it'll be a Schoodle, small but sweet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:51 AM

I just found a lab/retriever  mix, seriously adorable! I can not do another heavy shedder. Our dog is part husky and I swear she sheds and regrows a new coat every week!! 

Quoting MixedCooke:

poodles dont really shed very much and are high energy.  labradors are balls of energy as well.  i dont believe they shed very much.  Golden retrievers are great family dogs, but yeh they will shed you a great winter coat!  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)