Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC .. EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

Any tips on how to get pregnant? Me and my dh have been trying for about a year, and im starting to think it'll never happen....

EDIT

my dh just saw me crying and told me it's ok and we can adopt if it turns out we cant have anymore kids.. he always tells me its ok and I always say its not.. idk if he really doesn't care or if he is hiding his feelings..

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:38 AM

BUMP!

PeppermintyTea
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:40 AM
We were ttc for 15 months with dd... You can chart on fertilityfriend.com, use OPK tests if you think you're irregular, and keep yourself as healthy as possible. Good luck.
MarriedMyPrince
by Sarah on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:41 AM
Do you know when your ovulation week is every month? (Its hard to know the exact day) are your cycles steady/regular?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Thanks

Quoting PeppermintyTea: We were ttc for 15 months with dd... You can chart on fertilityfriend.com, use OPK tests if you think you're irregular, and keep yourself as healthy as possible. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:42 AM

yes and yes

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: Do you know when your ovulation week is every month? (Its hard to know the exact day) are your cycles steady/regular?

alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:43 AM

Stop trying so hard, seriously. You can in fact stress yourself with trying to conceive that your body won't respond as hoped.

I can not begin to tell you the number of people who tried for years and years, and as soon as they gave up hope and moved on; bam, they were pregnant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:44 AM

I suggest you take a break. It may just happen! I know sometimes when you try hard and stress about it (even subconciously), your body will just refuse.

My sister has been going through the same thing for the past 3 yrs. Try try try. She gave up 4 months ago and took a test that showed positive but then had a miscarrage (alot of stress lately). She is taking this better than we thought, looking at it as she CAN get pregnant.

Good Luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:44 AM
Join the trying to conceive group, they are very supportive and knowledgable :) it will happen you just have to figure out how your body functions. With my DD I was tracking my cycles and ovulation dates all wrong for the first few months. Have you seen your gyno yet?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:44 AM

You read my mind, I was just thinking maybe we are trying too hard. With our first 2 we weren't trying and it just happened, I mean we were preventing either..

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Stop trying so hard, seriously. You can in fact stress yourself with trying to conceive that your body won't respond as hoped.

I can not begin to tell you the number of people who tried for years and years, and as soon as they gave up hope and moved on; bam, they were pregnant.

Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:46 AM
I was going to say something similar.

OP Don't let worry kill ya. I don't think it is that unusual for a pregnancy to take a year or even two especially if you've been on steady birth control. I have two friends who tried for that long and ended up prego after
They stopped worrying themselves sick.

I know it's hard but don't start losing hope.

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)