Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gov Snyder of mi has done it again

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
1 mom liked this
http://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/05/snow_days_michigan_gov_rick_sn.html

This is gonna anger kids and parents smh
(Someone make it clicky please)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:21 AM
3 moms liked this
And all the home schooled kid just laughed and laughed
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:25 AM
The gov should understand kids can't control the weather just let it go Snyder is a special type of stupid
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:27 AM
2 moms liked this

ummm, why is it so bad? 

fivekids2220
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:24 AM
6 moms liked this

Hmmmmm.  Looks like this became law last year.   Considering that very extra day that a school is open costs money - busses, cafeterias, crossing guards, hourly staff, etc., this law seems to allow flexibility where none existed previously.  Extending the school year by the day costs money that may not be manageable for many school districts.  It appears that the school district is not *forced* to extend hours, but that it would be an option, and that option may be less expensive.   There are many families who would be happy that the vacation that they planned for the day after school gets out doesn't have to be cancelled.  There are also many school district employees who work other jobs that need to know when the school year ends in order to accept other employement.  

EAzizM
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this
They do this at my sisters school. I don't see the big deal. The time needs to be made up one way or another.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:28 AM
did ypu read top to bottom... Early 2013?
mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:33 AM
3 moms liked this

What is wrong with this?  I would rather my kids be in school an extra hour than cut into our vacation time.  When parents get the school calendars in the beginning of the school year, they start planning vacations.  They're not going to stay home for 1 or 2 days of school tacked on, and (at least for my kids) 1 extra hour of school wouldn't cut into their after school activities.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:46 AM

Quoting Anonymous: The gov should understand kids can't control the weather just let it go Snyder is a special type of stupid

Every state has a certain number of days required each year.  And every state has make up days for weather. 

Gardeningmom4
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:52 AM
I don't see the problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:53 AM
I don't care either way. My kids have to make it up. They go to a charter school though. No buses. They'll probably just give the kids a couple extra days at the end of the year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)