Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i dont think i can do college because

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

of my memory problems. I posted last night? or the other night about it http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/19492077/I_hate_that_at_my_age_i_have_to_do_this

So yea i needed to do something with my life and was like oh hey college! but now that i started im not so sure. i have a planner and write everything down but i cant remember anything i read. :( Its all online too. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:20 AM

You can do it!  Just make sure you have a planner and set your phone, computer, notes (whatever) reminding you to log in. Set a strict schedule for yourself on when you study and such. My husband does it with a head injury and he is set to graduate in the spring. He just plans his days very carefully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:21 AM

i just have to plan one day at a time. Thanks! 

Quoting sheramom4:

You can do it!  Just make sure you have a planner and set your phone, computer, notes (whatever) reminding you to log in. Set a strict schedule for yourself on when you study and such. My husband does it with a head injury and he is set to graduate in the spring. He just plans his days very carefully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:34 AM

BUMP!

lifeisajoy
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:29 AM

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I have memory problems, epilepsy, PTSD, severe migraines, shingles (lots of times) and now permanent nerve damage -I went to college and worked and still paying for college (30,000 left to pay off)

I have my Masters!!! It is not easy, you will cry, you will get frustrated, but it is able to BE DONE!!

I did it!! 

I wrote many notes, wrote reminders for everything-I took extra time in the classroom-I asked the teachers for extra time-most gave it to me-I would go on the top floor of the library-quiet floor and study-I would set goals for myself for the day, for the week, for the month, for the year (I still do) I would write them down, I would check them off

It may take extra time but you can do it!!! Hang in there!! Believe me and it CAN Be DONE!!

exhaustedmother
by Amy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:40 AM

You can do it and it will be worth it too! Best of luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)