Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He ate eggs...just his own way

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:18 AM
  • 21 Replies

My 8 year old does not like eggs, he doesnt like the tecture of it. but I found out how to get him to eat them...he only likes the white...so that is what he got today..

Judge me all you want for not MAKING him eat the yolk...but I am just excited that he likes eggs now..

When I tried before he couldn't phyiscally eat them he would gag and actually get a rash...got tested for allergies for it turned out negitive, tried again, broke out in a rash...this time with no yolk, no gagging and no rash!

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by 200 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:21 AM

SleepingBeautee
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this

What is there to judge you about. The kid ate eggs! Woot Woot!

I don't care for eggs either. I eat them if I have to, but I would prefer not to. Egg whites are healthy. Score for mom!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:21 AM

if he hates them so much why bother keep trying to give them to him?

3MusketeerMama
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Glad you found a way for him to eat them. We eat a lot of eggs in this house so I am glad none of us have any allergies or issues with them!

PeppermintyTea
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:21 AM
Well you're terrible for not forcing him to eat the yolk!... Okay not really, but that's cool you figured out something that works for him.
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:22 AM

why would anyone judge you for not making him eat the yolk? lol. if he doesnt like it, he doesnt like it.

my son cant stand boiled spinach, he gags and is very dramatic with it. but he loves fresh and baked spinach. so thats what we usually have. if we have boiled spinach, he doesnt have to eat it.

Uzma_mom_of_2
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:22 AM

The white is better for you anyway. I don't see an issue.

Connorsmommy13
by cute and fluffy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:24 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

if he hates them so much why bother keep trying to give them to him?

because as much as the intenet wants you to belive it you can not have just bacon and toast for dinner. I keep offering food that he doesnt like, ever so often it works and he will eat it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:25 AM

I won't judge you because I RARELY eat eggs period!!!  When I eat eggs, I will shout it from the roof tops because I don't normally eat them. So great job on him eating them :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:27 AM
Has he ever had a flu shot? If do did he have a reaction?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)