Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE!!!!!!!!! HELP!!! Our dog is dying!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies

UPDATE: Well on Wednesday morning I called the vet and he was out for the morning so I made the earliest afternoon appointment at 2 pm. When I took our dog in I had to put her in another blanket because she was still leaking blood and she had no energy to move. So I petted her the whole drive there because I didnt want her to be scared.

Well when we got there we saw the vet and he did a exam and I told him her symptoms and what has been happening. He said that the dog was severly dehyadrated and lost a great deal of blood and the only thing he could do is a blood transfusion but that is only a temparary fix because she would only loose it again. I asked him what was wrong with her and he said he didnt know it could be anything. Then I asked what he suggested we do and he said the best thing we could do it to put her to sleep. By now I was balling like a baby I mean I had tears streaming down my face. So I signed the papers and held our dog and said a silent prayer in my mind as they put her to sleep.

I would of loved to bury her at home but the ground is too hard to dig so we had her cremated. Right after the vet confirmed her heartbeat was gone I kissed our dogs forehead. Before they took her away.

When we got home our other dog went looking for her and has been depressed ever since that day. I have tried to cheer her up but she is still depressed she has never gone more then a couple of hours without the other dog. Now she just waddles around the house depressed.

Our dds still ask me where the dog is and just say in heaven and they ask why and I say because she was sick. I dont think they understand and they dont have to.

My dh is a typical man and holds all his hurt inside. He doesnt even want us to mention our dog. All he told he is that it hurts too much.

Since our dog was put to sleep I try to keep everyone busy so they dont have time to think about what happened just two days ago. I just know it was one of the hardest things I have ever done.

Thank you to everyone who responded to this post. Now our dog can rest in peace.

I need some help or advice really bad because I am at a loss of what to do. We have two dogs a five year old chilhaha and a four year old pappillion mix. Well both of our dogs got spaded when they were both puppies. So I know she is not in heat. So I think she may of been posioned.

On Monday night one of our dogs the pappillion mix started acting strange. She started hacking up a storm. She actually starting sounding like a goose when it honks. It was so loud that I told the dog to get out of the room before she wakes up our baby. I thought that she was just trying to hack up some mucus.

Well when I woke up I found the whole kitchen floor was covered in blood. Not alot just spots of blood everywhere. I was thinking she threw it up. Well mid afternoon I let her outside with the other dog to go pee. And I noticed that she was peeing blood. So I watched her the rest of the afternoon and noticed that she was leeking blood from there. But she did stop hacking and trying to throw up. But now she is bleeding constantly from there and she hasnt ate or drank anything all day. In fact she spends most of her day lying on a old tattered blanket underneith the crib because it is the one place our 4 yr old dd and 2 year old dd cant reach her.

We didnt take her to the vet right away because we thought it might just pass because she was just hacking but my dh thinks that she was poisioned and if that is the case there is nothing that the vet can do and he just wants to let her die natuarally at home. My bil had a dog that got into rat poision and had that same symptoms.

I would take her to be put to sleep but I know emotionally I couldnt be able to do it. I just love that dog too much. The only thing that confuses me is where she could of gotten the posion. She is a inside dog is only allowed out to go to the bathroom and the only posion we have in the house is rat poision is behind the tv stand where no one can get it and on top of the top shelf in the laundry room.

WWYD?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MLB30
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:43 AM

Hugs ......

I would take her, if I could afford it to a 24 hr emergency vet. Have the dogs been in kennels recently? If so it may be kennel cough. 

fairymom82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:46 AM
12 moms liked this
Because I am a responsible dog owner when symptoms started I would have booked it to a vet. You are a sad excuse of pet owner. SMH. TAKE THE DOG TO A VET!!!!
susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:46 AM
2 moms liked this

HOW can anyone on the freaking computer help your dog? Go to a vet, for God's sake.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:47 AM
Take the dog to the vet already!!!! Can you not afford it?? The minute I saw the blood, I would have rushed my dog to our Vet!! Did you check the rat poison to see if the dog somehow got into it? Do you have any indoor poisonous plants that it could have eaten or what about chocolate?!
rebeccarae
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Take the dog to the fucking vet! There's been a lot of blood, hell, I would have been there at the first sight of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Quoting MLB30:

Hugs ......

I would take her, if I could afford it to a 24 hr emergency vet. Have the dogs been in kennels recently? If so it may be kennel cough. 

Nope. The dogs dont even have a kennel. They have 24 hour free reign of the house.

XnikoX
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:50 AM

Honestly I wouldn't even be on here.. Id take your dog to the vet.

Hope she's ok.

exhaustedmother
by Amy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:50 AM

You need to get your dog to a vet- some vets will work with you on the bill. Please take her now!

elfling811
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:50 AM
Get rid of the rat poison and take the dog to the vet.
littlelamb303
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:51 AM

you cannot diagnose what is wrong with your dog.  Take it to a vet immediately. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)