Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flu Sinusitis

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I have been to the doctor twice in the past few weeks. The first time they said I had a sinus infection, but this time in the diagnosis section it says flu sinusitis.  What the heck is flu sinusitis? I have tried looking it up, but I haven't been able to find anything.  I normally ask more questions, but I feel so cruddy that I just took the sheet and my prescriptions and left. Does anyone know what flu sinusitis is? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:57 AM

It's a term they made up to shut you up about what you have, because they don't really know....i'm serious. 

supergasper
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Sinusitis just means sinus infection.  Perhaps that means it was a secondary infection brought on by the flu?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:22 AM

I just got back from the pharmacy, I took the paper to show them, and they were all of the same thought process as you.  They said the doctor should have written an "and" in between flu and sinusitis. 

Quoting supergasper:

Sinusitis just means sinus infection.  Perhaps that means it was a secondary infection brought on by the flu?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:23 AM

did the dr actually do a nasal swab flu test? if not, then he just 'guessed' what you had, instead of a real diagnosis

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:26 AM
We were all sick over Christmas. The worst cold I've ever had. No vomiting or diarrhea, just cold symptoms. My kids got it and then took it to my exhusband who also got it. He went to the doctor who said it was a confirmed case of the flu, the strain a vaccine was not created for. So apparently we all had the flu over Christmas and we didn't know it. Maybe flu sinusitis is what they've decided to call it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Those are probably 2 separate diagnoses. Docs tend to leave out unimportant words like "and". lol

Did they swab your nose?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)