Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having the worst day in a long time....

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:58 AM
  • 158 Replies
Baby was up screaming all night, wanted me, wouldn't let DH and I trade off.
Slept through my alarm so had half an hour to get DD up, fed, showered and dressed for school.
Of course DH had to leave early, before I woke up, so I had to get dressed and the baby fed to take DD to.school.
My heat wasn't working, its 12 degrees out, and just before I pulled up to the school my van overheats!

I need funnies because I am having a difficult time not bursting in to tears again.
I know I am probably over reacting but this overwhelmed me.
post me some funnies!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:00 AM
I need funnies too! My husband just got hurt at work and was taken to the hospital. :(
TheSilence
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:00 AM
No funnies here, but I hope your day improves!
Maybe the baby is teething? Ds used to get really bad ear aches when he teeth end so he would just scream all night long :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Its OK to have overwhelmed moments. Just breathe. If the rush is over make a decision to make the rest of the day better. You can do this mama, you're awesome.
Apr1l
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:01 AM
Uuugh that sucks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:03 AM

I'm sorry. . .

One thing at a time-- why is your van overheating?  That needs to be fixed asap.  Above all, you need a dependable vehicle. . . and if it's overheating in THIS weather ( the cold and the fact that you most likely had the heat on should have pulled the heat away from the engine and it should NOT have overheated)  is bad. . .

House heat is first though. . so just get home and deal with that.  Hopefully you rent??  Then it's their responsibility to pay for repairs.  If not, get out the phone book and find someone who will work iwth you if you can't afford the repair. 

Then the car. 

As far as teh up all night stuff and being tired, I feel for you. . . I do.  but these times will pass. 

Hope you get everything squared away!!! 

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:07 AM
I.should clarify!
House heat is all good! Its the van heat that didn't work!
Baby boy and I are home, toasty warm now!

And DH is leaving work early to take my van to the mechanic.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry. . .

One thing at a time-- why is your van overheating?  That needs to be fixed asap.  Above all, you need a dependable vehicle. . . and if it's overheating in THIS weather ( the cold and the fact that you most likely had the heat on should have pulled the heat away from the engine and it should NOT have overheated)  is bad. . .

House heat is first though. . so just get home and deal with that.  Hopefully you rent??  Then it's their responsibility to pay for repairs.  If not, get out the phone book and find someone who will work iwth you if you can't afford the repair. 

Then the car. 

As far as teh up all night stuff and being tired, I feel for you. . . I do.  but these times will pass. 

Hope you get everything squared away!!! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:08 AM
I am trying to relax now, drinking my.coffee, waiting for anyone to answer my texts about giving me a ride to get DS prescription from the pharmacy!

Quoting Anonymous: Its OK to have overwhelmed moments. Just breathe. If the rush is over make a decision to make the rest of the day better. You can do this mama, you're awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:10 AM

any idea what is causing the crying?

If he is screaming sounds like he is in pain.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:10 AM
I think that's part of.it.
plus he has always been a crap sleeper. Lol.
But his two top teeth are swollen and ready to come out!
It was easier with DD though because she wanted DH too.
DS is just mamas boy!

Quoting TheSilence: No funnies here, but I hope your day improves!

Maybe the baby is teething? Ds used to get really bad ear aches when he teeth end so he would just scream all night long :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Teething :(

Quoting gypsy_rose:

any idea what is causing the crying?

If he is screaming sounds like he is in pain.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)