Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mil thinks i shouldnt be this tired

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
Yes my dh and I live with mil and til, and we have a 22 month old and I'm almost 6 months pregnant with DD number 2. We usually have not many issues, but mil and fil keep asking me and dh to do more around the house. Okay no problem mil has a bad back, dh hours got cut, and fil works 8+ hour days. So we started to do more, or so I thought. Now mil keeps telling dh she don't understand why I'm so tired to fall asleep on the couch at 11 at night. That I don't do anything I shouldn't be that tired. Well DD is up at latest 8-8:30 but most days 7-7:30 naps for an hour in the afternoon and we are luckey to get her in bed by 9 and her sleep all night. Usual she's in bed at 9:30-10:00. What am I to do? Wake up at 5 or 6 every morning to clean before DD gets up, clean when she naps, and clean when she goes to bed?!?!?! Really, I do all mine, dd, and dh's wash, only dishes dh or I don't do all the time or after dinner dishes, dh or I clean up and take care of dd, mil cooks one meal a damn day (dinner), and dh and I pick up all dd toys so idk what more I can do???
I'm preganat run after a toddler all day plus I'm animic and my allorgy meds make me sleepy too.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:08 AM
4 moms liked this
Why are you living with your mil and fil? Words of advise "get your own place" your married, have a 22 month old. 6 months pregnant again and no where to live????? Makes no sence to me.
CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Why aren't you living on your own?

I've lived with my in laws be hubby was deployed and so glad we didn't have all these issues. We respected each other.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:32 AM
I assume you can't afford to leave on your own but yet having another child.... Wow

I suggest you get your own place. So you dust, mop and vacuum? Do you help make dinner or any other meals?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Ya know everyone on here is always telling people who live with others,get ur own place get ur own place. Well I don't know if you people realize it or not but A Lot PEOPLE ARE LIVING WITH OTHRRS. We didn't want to move in here but when money got too tight we had no other choice. At the time I got pregnant I was working too but the company laid off half its people. We are working on getting back on pur feet just hard right now cuz no one wants to hire a pregnant woman.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Not sure what to tell you other then to get your own place since you are married and having children.Run your own life.

indymom72
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:34 AM

why in the world would you get pregnant again if you can't afford to live on your own?  It's like you set yourself up to be miserable.  It's their house, their rules and you have to put up with it. 

princess_1983
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Try to find another place to live.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:34 AM

How long have you been living with MIL?

Quoting Anonymous: Ya know everyone on here is always telling people who live with others,get ur own place get ur own place. Well I don't know if you people realize it or not but A Lot PEOPLE ARE LIVING WITH OTHRRS. We didn't want to move in here but when money got too tight we had no other choice. At the time I got pregnant I was working too but the company laid off half its people. We are working on getting back on pur feet just hard right now cuz no one wants to hire a pregnant woman.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Quoting Anonymous: I assume you can't afford to leave on your own but yet having another child.... Wow

I suggest you get your own place. So you dust, mop and vacuum? Do you help make dinner or any other meals?

Yeah, I make breakfasts and Lunch's and make dinner on weekends. And no I don't just dust mod and vacuum, I get down and clean the bathroom, kitchen, living room, and bedrooms
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM

1.  Get your own place

2.  A 22 month old has no business being up until 10pm

3.  You are making a big deal because you pick up your own toys, wash your own dishes (welcome to being an ADULT)

4.  You are bitching because you your MIL is cooking dinner for you every night 

DO YOU SEE WHERE YOU SOUND LIKE A BITCH RIGHT NOW???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)