Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a hobby?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM
  • 15 Replies
So I have started talking to this guy off a dating site and he keeps asking me what I do for a hobby. I am a single mom that works full-time and I homeschool. I have a lot of things I like to do but I would not really call them a hobby because I don't get to do them enough. I gave him the list of riding a motorcycle, movies, reading, writing (sometimes), cross stitch, going to amusement parks, and working on computers but I don't spend enough time on any one thing to call it a hobby. I just don't have enough free time to have a hobby. This doesn't seem to be a satisfactory answer for him because he keeps asking like he doesn't believe I don't have a hobby. Am I strange because I don't have one set hobby? Do you have a hobby? If you do ?what is it, why did you choose it, how do you find time to do it, and how often do you do it?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mittens333
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:11 AM

I don't have a hobby.  It is not weird if you don't have a hobby. 

Maybe it's strange if he continues to ask about it.  

Mittens333
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:12 AM

BUMP!

lanceandhailey
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Reading and photography..

piercedbeauty21
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:14 AM

doing my nails & baking ;)

Maddogsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Unfortunately no but I'm looking for one. I do like to read.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:19 AM
I craft (scrapbook, crochet, sew, make jewelry, hair bows, etc.)

A lot of people don't have time to do the things they enjoy, that doesn't mean that those things aren't still your hobbies.
OliviaW.
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Baking, knitting, various crafts and reading.  I think it's more strange that he keeps bringing it up myself.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:21 AM

i crochet.  i do it while watching tv at night after the kids go to bed.  i probably spend 1-2 hours per day doing it.  

and, no, i don't think it's weird that you don't have an every day hobby.  until i started crocheting a year ago, i never really had a hobby either.

dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:23 AM

I bake and make candy. That's my hobby. It's more of a seasonal hobby though. This spring and summer I plan on digging up my yard and making a garden though. I NEED to grow some veggies this summer.

....do those count? lol I've never thought about my hobbies as an adult before now that I'm thinking about it

momma2b2008
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Is running considered a hobby?

If so, that's my hobby. I start training for my half marathon on Monday!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)