Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a hobby?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM
  • 32 Replies
So I have started talking to this guy off a dating site and he keeps asking me what I do for a hobby. I am a single mom that works full-time and I homeschool. I have a lot of things I like to do but I would not really call them a hobby because I don't get to do them enough. I gave him the list of riding a motorcycle, movies, reading, writing (sometimes), cross stitch, going to amusement parks, and working on computers but I don't spend enough time on any one thing to call it a hobby. I just don't have enough free time to have a hobby. This doesn't seem to be a satisfactory answer for him because he keeps asking like he doesn't believe I don't have a hobby. Am I strange because I don't have one set hobby? Do you have a hobby? If you do ?what is it, why did you choose it, how do you find time to do it, and how often do you do it?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WoodlandMomNC
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:09 AM

My hobby is writing (fantasy) though since I got preggo 6 months ago, I haven't actually written. (too braindead right now) I'll get back to it when the new baby gets on a sleep schedule. I would write during naps, before bed and before the kids waking for school. It's my one outlet that relieves major stress for me. But, that's when I would sleep nights :-)

I'm a SAHM and work from home.

Not everyone has a hobby. Not everyone needs one so don't feel bad.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Crocheting, knitting, tatting, scrapbooking, photography and lots of crafts in general. I do it because it is something I enjoying doing. I do some of it every single day. I'm a SAHM and have my own home business doing crocheting, knitting and tatting. So I have orders I have to work on and new idea's I want to try and put out there I can make.

suzanneyea
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:09 AM

How can you work full time and home school?

wheres-my-sanit
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Knitting, crocheting, painting, drawing/sketching, photography, reading.
I really don't have time for most, except for the photography.

I'm a sahm, so I've got some free time lol.
AvengedMommy101
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Mine are tattooing and drawing. I don't get to do either one very much anymore.
Gabesmom15
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:16 AM
I work of the day and when I get home we do school work. It was not something I was planning on but my son got into trouble for fighting at school and he was expelled. He was small for his age and picked on a lot. When he lashed out from being bullied he got into trouble. He is doing much better now. He is focused on learning instead of being bullied. Like I said I didn't plan it but now I'm glad we are doing it.

Quoting suzanneyea:

How can you work full time and home school?

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Sewing, crocheting, knitting, reading, gardening, bike riding, diy projects, crafts....

jen2150
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I homeschool as well. I am taking karate with my sons. I really love it. I also enjoy teaching, reading, and raising animals. I run a homeschool co-op and raise a small hobby farm. I joke around about how I don't have time for a job. Don't forget to take time for yourself. It is important. There is no set amount of time to spend on a hobby. Just take a few moments each day to do something you love. I have friends that work and homeschool. It is not easy. I really admire moms that are able to do both.
spastic_poodle
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Nope. I used to have lots but until recently I was a single mom of 2 working full time. I let all of the me things drop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jblb
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Cafemom... Does that count lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)