Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

daycare provider rant: is it ok to get upset at this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 82 Replies

Every once in awhile, my son's godmother picks up my son from daycare and they walk to my home which is 4 blocks away and there is a very busy intersection where you usually have to wait a long time until you can cross. When we do this , it is because I have an appointment right after work and it is faster for me to go without picking up my son so that I can be home by 4:30 or 5 after my dr appointment.I always leave the house key in my son's backpack that he takes to daycare. Well yesterday when I took the backpack, I realized that the pocket where I leave the key was not closing properly so I told the daycare provider to be careful about the key. She said she was going to keep it intead. So the day went on, my son's godmother went to pick him up and used the stroller to get home and when they get home, she calls me to say that she could not find the key. I called the daycare provider and she said she forgot to give it to her and she realized that as soon as they walked out but she didn't have her phone number to call her and ask her to go back to her place for the key. I understand that. But she has my phone number and I could have called her. So my son had to go back and get the key. All this meant that instead of them being at home early, they ended up getting home almost at the same time I did which meant there was no point in having his godmother picked him up.

I understand that the daycare provider was taking care of kids and couldnt think of everything....but she had a 2 year old walking back and forth in cold and windy weather

do I have the right to get upset?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:18 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:18 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:19 AM
4 moms liked this

NO..you should have made sure the key was secure in the backpack and not rely on someone else...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:20 AM
5 moms liked this

how come grandma doesn't have a spare key of her own for things like this?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
No. It is her job to keep your child safe, not to keep your key safe.
.strawberry.
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:21 AM
4 moms liked this

I think it's a petty thing to get upset over. People make mistakes. She probably has a dozen other children in her care.

Malayahsmom06
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Both parties share some fault in this. Hopefully both will do better next time. Does the godmother not have a car?
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:22 AM
3 moms liked this
Not really. It was a mistake. You knew the key wasnt safe in that pocket. Could have put kt on a chain for him to wear or attached it to his bag with a keychain. Could have told godmother that the teacher had the key so she knew she needed to get it from her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:22 AM
I wouldn't be. She forgot. It's more your fault than hers imo.
Braydens_Mama06
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

No, it was an accident.  I get being a little annoyed but you shouldn't be angry with the teacher.  She has a lot going on.  Time to get over it and come up with a better solution.  Why don't you just give the godmother a key for her keyring?  Or leave a key hidden someplace around your house?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)