Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The reason I don't want another baby...

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:31 AM
  • 5 Replies

I just recently got over baby fever and now I'm thinking and wondering if I really even want another baby. I love the little guy I have now. I wanted him and I wouldn't change a thing about him, or the experiences I have had, but I did have postpartum very badly and I got no attention from my husband during the pregnancy and no help at all when LO was small. It was exausting , because on top of post partum I lost control of my OCD as well. I just think what if I had another baby and all that happened again. It wouldn't be fair for Robby to have to suffer through mommy being completly obsessed and wacko again. Not to mention how much time would I really have for him between a new baby and a new job. Also my marriage survived, but took a hard hit from the last pregnancy related drama. I'm just not sure how it would all play out. I know that I want more children, but I want my little guy to get the most out of me too. :>./ I just feel indesicive about it. Thankfully I don't have to choose right now. 

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I think its smart of you to consider your child's feelings before your have another child. So many dont, and because of this families can be broken.
bcoll
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:35 AM

You have to do what feels right for you ad yours mama. How does your husband feel?

iluvmy2somuch
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Quoting bcoll: As of right now my husband doesn't want another baby at all, I certainly am not  pushing the idea. I have just started in my career and we are buying a house and paying off debt, so it is not a good idea anyway. He isn't good with pregnancy, or babies it kind of freaks him out. I also think he is afraid I might get post partum and lose control of my ocd again. :>/

You have to do what feels right for you ad yours mama. How does your husband feel?

ramita
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Honestly part of your problem was probably your husband. Had he been better with the pregnancy and afterwards there's a good chance you wouldn't have for quite so bad. You still might have had issues, but probably not to the extent you did.

With that said it sounds like all your reasoning for not having another one is good. In your shoes I wouldn't want another one.
iluvmy2somuch
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Quoting ramita: Honestly part of your problem was probably your husband. Had he been better with the pregnancy and afterwards there's a good chance you wouldn't have for quite so bad. You still might have had issues, but probably not to the extent you did.

With that said it sounds like all your reasoning for not having another one is good. In your shoes I wouldn't want another one.
That is kind of what I felt like. I love my husband and we are wonderful together, but having more kids as of right now just isn't a great idea. Maybe if he matures. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)