Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

drunken facebook fool

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I have a drinking problem that I am seking help for..aa etc..this is a recent development due to a relationship and certain traumas or the last years of difficulty dealing with them.I only have family mostly on facebook and friends...not close...but I always embarass myself and say outrageous things on facebook. No one seems to mind. I am no doubt humorous..my partner thinks my comments are hilarious..but it just shows the world that Im an idiot and struggling..I just have to forgive myself for lasts nights...my homeless guy lover is going to freeze in this weather post.....no one liked it of course...urgh..I hate myself..I'm the mother of an infant..I hate myself

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

beerabitch69
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM

*face palm*

PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:38 AM

MommyDearest, Im_No_1, Olivia Bensen...IS THAT YOU?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Just delete it and move on. I've done it too.. :/ I also quit facebook.

You can do it! Quitting drinking, I mean. There is some good support groups for that on cafemom too. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Welk at least you realize you need help. Good for you and good luck
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Call your sponsor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:40 AM
I been there hun. I was drunk for the first 4 years of my daughters life. I'm sober now, for some time but looking back hurts real bad. I've embarrassed myself too many times.

Take it one day at a time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Quoting Anonymous: I been there hun. I was drunk for the first 4 years of my daughters life. I'm sober now, for some time but looking back hurts real bad. I've embarrassed myself too many times.

Thankyou SO much for sharing that with me. I feel so much guilt about drinking around her.I didnt drink when I was pregnant of course. I can deal with being a fuck up...in some way or another in my life...there has always been that...because of my background. But THIS...this is like publicly showing the world I am out of control and I have an infant. This is a whole new level of shame.People can say what they like...although everyone has been really nice with their responses.But Ive been through a hell of alot in my life,and been very together with some shitty circumstances and contributed alot..I'm a good person.I just broke a couple of years ago...death of a best friend plus a whole bunch of other stuff..and my partners influence...it broke me into a weak drinker...and I've been fighting my way out...I work hard on myself.But Ive chosen some huge challenges and grew up with some messy influences. Not making excuses.But I truly dont judge people like some others...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Knowing you have a problem is half the battle. I remember being in such a horrid drinking cycle and I never thought I could crawl out, but when I wanted it bad enough (heard my now ex and my daughter laughing and playing in the next room) I couldn't even sit up, I would have puked everywhere I knew it was time for a change. I got my gross, hungover ass to an a.a. Meeting. I never felt such relief.

The next morning I made a giant breakfast for my daughter and we ate out in the porch. That was the best moment of my entire life. I never had breakfast with her before that day :"(

When you want it hun, go get it! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: I been there hun. I was drunk for the first 4 years of my daughters life. I'm sober now, for some time but looking back hurts real bad. I've embarrassed myself too many times.

Thankyou SO much for sharing that with me. I feel so much guilt about drinking around her.I didnt drink when I was pregnant of course. I can deal with being a fuck up...in some way or another in my life...there has always been that...because of my background. But THIS...this is like publicly showing the world I am out of control and I have an infant. This is a whole new level of shame.People can say what they like...although everyone has been really nice with their responses.But Ive been through a hell of alot in my life,and been very together with some shitty circumstances and contributed alot..I'm a good person.I just broke a couple of years ago...death of a best friend plus a whole bunch of other stuff..and my partners influence...it broke me into a weak drinker...and I've been fighting my way out...I work hard on myself.But Ive chosen some huge challenges and grew up with some messy influences. Not making excuses.But I truly dont judge people like some others...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Knowing you have a problem is half the battle. I remember being in such a horrid drinking cycle and I never thought I could crawl out, but when I wanted it bad enough (heard my now ex and my daughter laughing and playing in the next room) I couldn't even sit up, I would have puked everywhere I knew it was time for a change. I got my gross, hungover ass to an a.a. Meeting. I never felt such relief.

The next morning I made a giant breakfast for my daughter and we ate out in the porch. That was the best moment of my entire life. I never had breakfast with her before that day :"(

When you want it hun, go get it! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)