Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm going to SCREAM!!! Someone please help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

OMFG my kids have lice again!!! Well actually, no, they dont. They HAD lice. I got a doctor's note saying they were nit free but the daycare claims to have found another nit yesterday, won't let them come back to school. Kids stayed at their dad's last night so that he could take them in this morning because the director wouldn't be there to look at their hair early enough for me to get to work on time (I've already missed 2 days this week because of this shit). So yesterday, I combed out their hair just to make sure, got both of them haircuts, their dad treated and combed them out again last night.

He takes them to the daycare this morning and OMG they still said they found something! He says that what the director was pointing at wasn't even a nit. I feel like this school is just discriminating against my children at this point. (Not the first time it's happened.) And it doesn't help anything that my ODD's elementary school fully admits that they don't have time to check anyone's head or even worry about if kids there have lice. Which means that we get rid of them, and then a couple months later we go through this all over again. 

Somebody please help me! I don't know what else to do, and I'm about to lose my job over this. Which would be just f'ing great considering I'm pregnant, and it's not like I can just waltz into another job that easily right now. Especially not one that pays what this one does. And I can't just switch them to another daycare - this one is the only one in town open early enough for me to get to work, and DF works out of town so I don't have anyone who can take them to school later. DF makes good money, so we wouldn't be completely screwed if I wasn't working, but the idea of living off just someone else's income absolutely terrifies me (and we would lose our health insurance and everything - which I also don't need to lose when I'm pregnant).

Sorry this is long, I'm about in tears over all this mess. Does anyone have any suggestions, help, anything?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

have the daycare NURSE check your kids....the director has no business calling something out she has no idea what it is and then saying it's definitely this or that....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:21 AM

The only advice I have is to use hairspray on their hair everyday to keep the lice away.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Daycare doesn't have a nurse. And she had a note from a DOCTOR saying that she didn't have lice. That's why I'm saying this is starting to feel like discrimination. I agree that the director has no business saying it's definitely anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

have the daycare NURSE check your kids....the director has no business calling something out she has no idea what it is and then saying it's definitely this or that....

debmom07
by Debby on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:25 AM
I hate dealing with lice. the best removal I have used was condintoner. plaster their hair with it, brush through and use a metal nit comb. lice free has a great green comb. I hate dealing with them. I would have them lay on the bed with a towel under their heads, so I could search under a lamp. keep going keep going. You can knock em out. Ponytails help. ugh I feel for ya.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Yeah the doctor said that yesterday, too. She said they didn't have any but that would help prevent it. Bought some!

Quoting Anonymous:

The only advice I have is to use hairspray on their hair everyday to keep the lice away.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:26 AM

there has to be someone that makes sure the kid's medical records are up to date..who does that? at our daycare, the nurse came in to do that..

Quoting Anonymous:

Daycare doesn't have a nurse. And she had a note from a DOCTOR saying that she didn't have lice. That's why I'm saying this is starting to feel like discrimination. I agree that the director has no business saying it's definitely anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Shave their heads?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Thanks

Quoting debmom07: I hate dealing with lice. the best removal I have used was condintoner. plaster their hair with it, brush through and use a metal nit comb. lice free has a great green comb. I hate dealing with them. I would have them lay on the bed with a towel under their heads, so I could search under a lamp. keep going keep going. You can knock em out. Ponytails help. ugh I feel for ya.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:27 AM

The director does it. It's a small daycare. 

Quoting Anonymous:

there has to be someone that makes sure the kid's medical records are up to date..who does that? at our daycare, the nurse came in to do that..

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:28 AM

welp, maybe it's time for a showdown with the director.  Call her out on what's she's doing

Quoting Anonymous:

The director does it. It's a small daycare. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)