Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know...?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

How soon before your license expires can you get it renewed? My license expires in April but I'll be 8 months pregnant then and would really like to be able to get my the new picture taken before my face blows up (as it always does lol). I live in Pa.

Thanks in Advance! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Hmmm. No clue.
Mine expires April 27th. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Which state?
GrandNagus
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM

You can renew now if you want.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Pennsylvania

Quoting Anonymous: Which state?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Renewing Your Non-Commercial Driver’s License

A Pennsylvania driver's license is valid for four years expiring on the day after the driver’s birth date. PennDOT automatically sends an “Invitation to Renew” (DL60A/DL60R) to each driver three months prior to license expiration. Individuals age 65 or older have the option of renewing their license every two years, instead of standard four years.

NOTE: Non-commercial drivers have the option to renew online, providing there are no corrections or changes.

*If you have not reconciled an outstanding sanction(s) in another state(s), PennDOT is unable to issue you any driver’s license product. For more information, please see the National Driver Register Fact Sheet.

Process:

Step 1: Receive an Invitation to Renew (DL60A/DL60R) or obtain Form DL-901.

Step 2: Return completed application with a check or money order made payable to PennDOT in the amount indicated on the form. *Cash or credit/debit cards cannot be accepted.

Step 3: A camera card will be mailed, and you should receive it within seven to ten working days after form is processed.

Step 4: Once you receive your camera card, you will need to take it along with your Social Security card and appropriate identification to any Photo Center to receive new digitized driver’s license. PennDOT uses state-of-the-art facial recognition technology when an individual has their photo taken for their driver’s license/identification card renewal.

Acceptable forms of signature identification include:

Pennsylvania: Driver’s License or Photo ID Card;
Documents: Passport, Citizenship or Naturalization or Weapon’s Permit;
Photographic ID: Military, Bank, Employee, School or Out-of-State License; or
Non-Photo: We may be able to serve you when providing a Voter’s Registration, Medicare Card, PA Learner’s Permit or Temporary Driver’s License or Vehicle Registration.

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/driverLicensePhotoIDCenter/renewNonCommercials.shtml
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I can?!?! Are you sure?! Woohoo lol

I was FAT when i got my last picture taken and have since lost 60 lbs but have been having to use my fat face pic and i have been DYING to get rid of it. Imagining another several years with a fat face pic made me sad lol

**ok now another dumb question. I have to change my name on my license too because i got married. I have to send in for a certified copy of the marriage certificate. On the form it asks for my full name at the time of application...do i put my maiden name or my married name? I have changed my name with social security. this pregnancy  brain is leaving me blank lol

Quoting GrandNagus:

GrandNagus
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:38 AM

That will be a hold-up. You can't renew and change your name until you have a certified copy of your marriage certificate. You have to present that at that DMV as proof of legal name change. Once you get that in, then you can go ahead and renew. That way you take care of your renewal and your name change at the same time. Otherwise you would have to do it twice, which would cost you double. Once for the renewal, and then again for the legal name change.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was FAT when i got my last picture taken and have since lost 60 lbs but have been having to use my fat face pic and i have been DYING to get rid of it. Imagining another several years with a fat face pic made me sad lol

**ok now another dumb question. I have to change my name on my license too because i got married. I have to send in for a certified copy of the marriage certificate. On the form it asks for my full name at the time of application...do i put my maiden name or my married name? I have changed my name with social security. this pregnancy  brain is leaving me blank lol

Quoting GrandNagus:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Yea, I know. I can take the form to the courthouse if i want to and get the marriage certificate no problem or just mail it in and wait a week. 

I'm just stuck on what name to put on the form to get the certificate lol my name at the time of application..that means my maiden name right? i don't know what is wrong with my brain today, i just can't process anything lol

Quoting GrandNagus:

That will be a hold-up. You can't renew and change your name until you have a certified copy of your marriage certificate. You have to present that at that DMV as proof of legal name change. Once you get that in, then you can go ahead and renew. That way you take care of your renewal and your name change at the same time. Otherwise you would have to do it twice, which would cost you double. Once for the renewal, and then again for the legal name change.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GrandNagus:

GrandNagus
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:46 AM

If you have the certified copy with you when you go to the DMV, you use your married name. Because that proves a legal name change. There is , if I remember correctly, a spot on the form that you will also mark stating that you are changing your name on your license due to marriage/legal name change.

If you do not have it when you go to the DMV, you can't change your name on your license you will have to use your maiden name. Because you can't prove a legal name change.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea, I know. I can take the form to the courthouse if i want to and get the marriage certificate no problem or just mail it in and wait a week. 

I'm just stuck on what name to put on the form to get the certificate lol my name at the time of application..that means my maiden name right? i don't know what is wrong with my brain today, i just can't process anything lol

Quoting GrandNagus:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GrandNagus:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:47 AM

i know all that, you are misunderstanding my question lol maybe i just need a nap

Quoting GrandNagus:

If you have the certified copy with you when you go to the DMV, you use your married name. Because that proves a legal name change. There is , if I remember correctly, a spot on the form that you will also mark stating that you are changing your name on your license due to marriage/legal name change.

If you do not have it when you go to the DMV, you can't change your name on your license you will have to use your maiden name. Because you can't prove a legal name change.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GrandNagus:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GrandNagus:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)