Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

big fight with mil still pissed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
I really hate how my mil thinks we owe her something. She is always asking us to do stuff for her. She also loves giving us these long lists of presents we should buy her. Any way Sunday mil left to go stay the week with sil who lives an hour away. Well she forgot her wallet so she called us to see if we would go look for her wallet and then take it to her since her house is just around the corner from us. my dh who doesn't know how to say no told her we would after we finished eating since we had just sat down (it was 3:00) and of course she complained about us waiting and not jumping when she told us too.

So we finished eating then were moving slowly getting ready to leave since it was supposed to be our day to relax before dh leaves for a week. While we were getting ready she called again asking if we hasd left yet and when we told her we were getting ready she complained and tried to gulit trip my dh. I was already pissed by that point. Finally about 4:30 we were ready and heading out the door then my husband realized he forgot his keys.

We went back to find his keys but couldn't find them anywhere we ripped through the house looking for those damnthings. My husband just quit smoking last week so he is a bit easier to upset was getting pissed. He Threw our 3 yos toys out of the toy box digging for the keys and hit me in the leg with one which I now have a nice bruise. During this time mil kept calling and complaining that we were taking ng so long like it was our fault our son hid our keys. Finally about 6:30 our son just randomly runs into the kitchen opens a cabinet and pulls out our keys. I was so pissed I wasn't sure if I should have laughed or cried.

OK so we finally leave and tell her we our on our way. She gets sil to drive her to Walmart that is near them bit still an hour from us. But we had to stop and put air in one of the tires because it has a hole and is losing air quickly. Once again she called and I had to answer since my dh was driving. She was ranting about how long we were taking and that sil had to put her kids to bed (yes her kids are 10 and 6 no conceren about our 3 yo we are having to put in the car for 2 hours late at night) then she said she could have gone and got them herself and had been quicker so I screamed "well why didn't you" at that point my husband took the phone from me but I could her his mom fussing that she wasn't happy with what his wife was saying.

As soon As he got off the phone I started demanding him to pull over and let me out that I would walk home of course he wouldn't stop though. Finally we get there about 9 he went to deal with mil since I probably couldn't hold back yelling at her. We picked up a few thongs from Walmart with a very tired and fussy 3 yo. Finally we get home put ds to bed and we went to bed too exhausted and our entire afternoon ruined.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:55 AM
2 moms liked this

You and DH have to put your foot down. She thinks she's more entitled than either you or DH. Why does she feel entitled to put you out and not be profusely apologizing for spoiling your day? She's hostile. Stay away from her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I'd have just told her no and stuck to it. You need to develop boundaries or this stuff will continue to happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm so glad I married a man with a back bone.

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:00 AM
4 moms liked this

Why didn't he go by himself? Not sure why it ended up needing to be a family affair and you put your son to bed on time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM

too long to read....add footnotes.

Kitty_Myrick
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I would have throw the wallet out the window at her and left.  I wouldn't have been able to keep it together at all.

happy new year

Sassy762
by 200 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM
2 moms liked this

WHY for the love of god would you even agree to going to her house and pick up and take it to the miserable twat. She forgot it, she can come back and get it....smdh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM
I don't know why she thinks she can walk all over us like this. But she can only do it threw my dh she knows I don't put up with that shit. I only agreed to do this because I needed a few things any way but I had no idea it would Take most of the day

Quoting Anonymous:

You and DH have to put your foot down. She thinks she's more entitled than either you or DH. Why does she feel entitled to put you out and not be profusely apologizing for spoiling your day? She's hostile. Stay away from her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:04 AM
That was my way of thinking but my dh has a hard time saying no

Quoting Sassy762:

WHY for the love of god would you even agree to going to her house and pick up and take it to the miserable twat. She forgot it, she can come back and get it....smdh

bellygirl
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:08 AM

She sounds like a self absorbed brat; who has no consideration for you, your husband or your kid.  I've been on the edge with my MIL lately.  I hold back saying something b/c of my FIL, he's a doll.  However, I can't let this go on much longer b/c it's eating at me.  Stand up to her.  Tell her how you feel.  Ask her why she does these things to your family.  Put it back on her.  Best wishes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)