Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Her whining is driving me crazy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

My 18 month dd has been very fussy lately. Like whines non stop. She has also stopped sleeping through the night. Dh and I where talking about it last night and she said it may just be growing pains. My nerves are frazzled at this point. I haven't slept in days. Any advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:11 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:16 AM

BUMP!

missmeli77
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Are you talking about a 18 month old?? Have you tried a warm bath before bed?? When my kids were younger they got growing pains in there legs i would give them some tylenol to help with pain......
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Ear plugs? Just kidding. It sounds like a phase, are you sure she isn't coming down with something?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Less likely growing pains as growth spurt. Or teething. My sons would eat insatiably and then sleep solid for a week. 

Growing pains are generally pre-puberty/puberty age. They are where the bones just ache terribly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Yes! Thanks for pointing that out, I will fix it. We are just assuming that's what it is. She wants to be held non stop and nurse non stop. She usally is only like that when she doesn't feel good. I've gotten like 6 hours of sleep this week.

Quoting missmeli77: Are you talking about a 18 month old?? Have you tried a warm bath before bed?? When my kids were younger they got growing pains in there legs i would give them some tylenol to help with pain......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Maybe teething. She has 20 teeth right now. She got her first tooth at 4 months old and she was never really fussing during teething times. I remember when I got a growth spurt in 7th grade and my legs and hips hurt so bad 

Quoting Anonymous:

Less likely growing pains as growth spurt. Or teething. My sons would eat insatiably and then sleep solid for a week. 

Growing pains are generally pre-puberty/puberty age. They are where the bones just ache terribly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Lol. I can't let her CIO it breaks my heart. She is normally a really easy going baby, just recently she started acting like this. I hope it is a phase. I tried to take a shower last night and she screamed the entire time dh was holding/trying to play with her.

Quoting owl0210: Ear plugs? Just kidding. It sounds like a phase, are you sure she isn't coming down with something?

NeonGirl9583
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:25 AM
At 18 years i would take her keys and lock her outside with the wild animals. If she's 18 months i would try a claming bath soap/shampoo
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol! She is 18 months. My brain is only at 25% right now. Sooooo sleepy

Quoting NeonGirl9583: At 18 years i would take her keys and lock her outside with the wild animals. If she's 18 months i would try a claming bath soap/shampoo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)