Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really you think my son is deaf?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
So my kids went with their father for the first time for a week. Our boys are 7 & 3. Ive been raising them on my own for 3 yrs. My youngest has a speech delay. Before my son could get speech therapy he had to have his hearing tested and it came back as he could hear just fine. His speech is that of most 15-16 month olds. My kids went down there had a blast and when they came home my 7 yr old kept saying his brother is deaf. So after a few days of him saying it, it started to really bug me and I asked him who told him his brother is deaf? He said his grandma, grandpa, dad, and dad's girlfriend. I am so mad that they kept saying that in front of my 7 yr old enough for him to repeat it at least 3 times a day. Not only am I mad about that but also the fact that they KNOW his hearing has been tested and that it came back that he could hear just fine. Not once for any appointments have they come along to see what I've been trying to accomplish and that's making sure my son gets all the needed help he needs and to try and make sure that there is not an underlying cause for his speech delay. So really why does he think he has a right to go around saying false stuff about my child in front of my other child?!?! (After any drs appointments I have called or texted him to tell him what the dr said so its not like he hasn't been informed of this particular issue.)
End vent
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:19 AM

you can only do so much when it comes to your ex.  i'd have a serious discussion with the 7yr old about what is appropriate to repeat and what is not, especially 3x a day.   He's only enough to understand, IMO

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:20 AM

and whether you like it not...when it comes to you and your ex....its not "my son", its "our son".   I'm pretty sure you didn't knock up yourself, so time to face it.

jupiter5
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Your ex is stupid.
GhettoKoolAide
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:24 AM
After raising her kids for 3 years on her own they're hers until daddy can prove he can be a man

Quoting Anonymous:

and whether you like it not...when it comes to you and your ex....its not "my son", its "our son".   I'm pretty sure you didn't knock up yourself, so time to face it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:25 AM

They probably just want to explain away his speech delay, so saying that he is "deaf" does the trick.

I am sure that the 7 year old can see that his brother is not deaf and be taught not to repeat that he is.

I would send a copy of the hearing test results to your ex and his family.

Good luck, mama! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:28 AM
With the exception of that week he hasnt been the one doing anything for my kids no child support no visitation no calls no nothing so they are my children until he is sure he wants to have visits with them. One visit isn't enough for me to say oh yeah their your kids to because you've helped so much. No he has to prove that he will be a father and will be in their life for the long run before they will be ours.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Thank you!

Quoting GhettoKoolAide: After raising her kids for 3 years on her own they're hers until daddy can prove he can be a man

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)