Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you stay friends

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:14 AM
  • 19 Replies

hi everyone. i have a second cousin that in my first post for this group vented on how i feel about her. she is 28 still lives at home, never lived on her own, spends money like water, and is the most selfish person i know.

she told me she is pregnant after my miscarriage. she gets abortions as her form of birth control and is not responsilble enough to have a child. she talks to me like everything she is saying is what a mother would do. she told me her boyfriend is paying for his friend to train her after the baby is born and i said how will you have time for that with work and the baby and she says oooh ill make time i will probably go during my maternity leave. she will be traveling from new jersey to new york for the gym. her baby is not her priority and i just cant take it. she will be a horrible mother. probably going to continue going to clubs and bars and just give the baby to her boyfriends mother.

would you stay friends with someone you think shouldnt be a mother? someone you will mostlikely want to call cps on or someone that will come to your house drink whole bottle of wine and expect you to take care of her kid for her

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:16 AM
2 moms liked this
I think that you need to worry about your own life and if you don't want to have a relationship with her then don't.
Saydar
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:16 AM

No, but my friends didn't act like that before kids, either.

anotherhalf
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:24 AM
I wouldn't stay friends with her for many many reasons.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:26 AM

You need to mind your own business mama. 

yankeefan828
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:29 AM

shes going out of her way to ask me things. like she found out she was pregnant at 9 weeks and ask me if shes allowed to drink. if you have a miscarriage and someone like this just constantly asks you things and refuses to read up on babys minding my our business has nothing to do with it

Quoting vegaswife2011:

STVUstudent
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:29 AM

This does not sound like someone I would be friends with in the first place...

yankeefan828
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:31 AM

yea thats what i told dh. i wanted to stop talking to her since im scared about this pregnancy and i am doing a million things to prepare dd for preschool but then literally the only people i would have to talk to is on this site. we moved last year and we dont know anyone out her. im at the point i honestly dont value our relationship so it would be easy to drop her

Quoting owl0210: I think that you need to worry about your own life and if you don't want to have a relationship with her then don't.

housecoatloonie
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:35 AM

You never know......motherhood CAN change a crazy-selfish person pretty darn fast.

Maybe not immediately....but she'll change.

Sadly, crappy females procreate every day........you can see that on this site.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Well, she sounds pretty dumb if she needs to ask questions like that. 

Quoting yankeefan828:

shes going out of her way to ask me things. like she found out she was pregnant at 9 weeks and ask me if shes allowed to drink. if you have a miscarriage and someone like this just constantly asks you things and refuses to read up on babys minding my our business has nothing to do with it

Quoting vegaswife2011:

MelanieJK
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I'm not clear what you consider a friend but there's nothing in your description here that would suggest you consider her a friend now so what do you mean by stop being a friend?

I think for your own state of mind you should make a specific effort not to keep up with anything going on in her life.    Don't gossip with family members about her etc.   Nothing.      

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)