Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is wrong with my husband!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

this is probably going to seem a bit petty so let me explain a little bit first.

my husband and i share a queen size bed. plenty of room for both people to sleep.

when i get  up in the middle of the night to  take care of the baby or tuck our oldest back in. or even to go to the bathroom, i always come back to bed to find my husband smack in the middle of the bed. you would think a quick "baby can you move over" would be all it took.

but its not. he gets VERY angry if i wake him. but there is literally not enough room for me to even lay back down. on either side of him! he takes up the whole bed. i have to push him and push him and listen to him call me an asshole for waking him or make rude remarks to me.

i try and keep my cool but one person can only take so much. last night i snapped. i told him to move the hell out of the way i wasnt dealing with it tonight im tired i have a cold and he needs to move or the next time one of the kids woke he was getting up to deal with it.

to which i got back "well then how about you get a job, how about that.".... what!? my kids are 5 and 1. YES i could be working. and i WAS working, overnights. 9 to 5. and getting home and then i was up with the kids from 6:30 till they went to bed at 8 and i was off to work again, 6 nights a week. on my days off i was lucky to get 6 hours of sleep.  i couldnt do it anymore and i quit. told my husband i would look for a day job to which he said "we cant afford daycare"..

after last night i told him thismorning he either is going to be nice when i ask him to move or he is going to sleep on the couch. and he told me "his bed he pays the bills" and that i can sleep on the couch, to which i said thats fine.

and now im a giant asshole according to him. what the hell!?!? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM

He's the giant asshole.

mamabear55
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Wow, the fact that he would say that shows a complete lack of respect.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Wow. I'm sorry he's such an ass mama. 

Saydar
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:32 AM
3 moms liked this

I hear resentment brewing. You've got bigger issues going on than sharing space in the bed.

Schizomom91
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:32 AM

He sounds like a dickwad

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:32 AM
3 moms liked this
Time to find a way to get back to work. He's not cut out to have a wife who stays home. Some men simply resent it no matter what.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Get a job, save some money and leave that douche. Maybe that's a little dramatic I just cant imagine being with someone who called me names and said my money my shit. . I couldn't do it
texansmommy
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:34 AM
I'd sleep on the fucking couch from now on.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Wow.
I will say though when I am an ass when I.get woke.up ;/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SecularMomma
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Wow! You deserve more respect than that. He's either a complete asshole or there is some deep rooted resentment he's letting show. Either way, he shouldn't treat you like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)