Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is an incredibly sad story

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:34 AM
  • 12 Replies

http://fox4kc.com/2014/01/07/baby-killed-in-snow-plow-accident-wasnt-in-a-car-seat/

Why would she make sure she had her seatbelt on but not properly place her little one in their car seat?

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hanaas_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:43 AM

bump

Alyssasmommy412
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Very very sad too bad they can't fix stupid.

balow929
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Very sad

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow that's very sad. Poor baby! How stupid of the dang mother!!! She knew that the baby belongs in a car seat in the back especially in that type of weather! 'Shes blaming herself' SHE BETTER BE BLAMING HERSELF, ITS HER FAULT!
BaltimoreBaby
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
My baby is 20 months old, too. How terrible. How sad. I've already gotten crap from people for strapping her in when we're only driving up the road, or a mile away.

This is why.
mrsbrimer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:58 AM
I see it all the time. Very young kids (under the age of 7) in the front passenger seat. Most are around 2-3 years old. I've called the cops on several cars and given their license plate # and what street they were on. I even saw a lady in the backseat holding her new born, breast feeding him.. they were doing like 45 down a major street!! Can't you pull over to feed your baby? Or wait til you get where you are going?
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Quoting Alyssasmommy412:

Very very sad too bad they can't fix stupid.

pinkfairy0206
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Wow...the father in law says she learned her lesson?? Ok just wow..my sister-in-law was just asking me why I still put my 5 &7year olds in booster....hers ya go.
Hanaas_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Plus she was driving on a suspended license. Why was it suspended?? She should not have even been driving to begin with

teddysmama09
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AF2011: Wow that's very sad. Poor baby! How stupid of the dang mother!!! She knew that the baby belongs in a car seat in the back especially in that type of weather! 'Shes blaming herself' SHE BETTER BE BLAMING HERSELF, ITS HER FAULT!

Exactly!!! She knew the law, and even common sense would tell you that a squirmy toddler who doesn't even fit in the seatbelt should not be in the front seat of a moving vehicle! I am sure she feels aweful, but this is not a simple mistake that could happen to anyone, this is neglect and stupidity!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)