Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

work out advice..and tips...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

SO if you want i will add pics..Im trying to get into shape for myself and my kids and then for my husband..

I received a free GOLDS GYM membership because my husband moves fruniture and his company moved one of the owners of the local GYM..

Anyways... soo whats some good work outs to start with .. whats the best way to get the results..I have 2 kids soo i want to get rid of my stomach and tighten my butt up lol.. HELP

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I always start with cardio. If ive gone a while without working out, i start with 30 min, then increase my time by 5 min per week, and max out at an hour. After that, i increase my resistance or incline. It gets the metabolism up and weight loss going. Then add in strength training. Most gyms have a section with circuit training equipment. I usually do that every other day after cardio. Watch your portion sizes and you should be good to go! Keep it simple, it's easier to stick to it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:07 PM

I guess my question is should I go to the gym for 1 day and do just walking on the tredmil, 1 doing sit ups. and so forth or should it be more of a combination every day?

BrownEyedGirl86
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:09 PM
I do a 15 min warm up
Then one day legs and abs again warm up and arms and abs then day 3 just treadmill or elliptical ad abs always lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I'm not gonna lie i dont want to go in there a feel like an idiot moving to different stuff to quick or not quck enought lol.

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86: I do a 15 min warm up
Then one day legs and abs again warm up and arms and abs then day 3 just treadmill or elliptical ad abs always lol

BrownEyedGirl86
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Lol. I know that feeling.
You'll be fine

If you want start wih just cardio maybe

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not gonna lie i dont want to go in there a feel like an idiot moving to different stuff to quick or not quck enought lol.

organicMom2
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I would focus on one area at a time; legs on day - abs / core another - upper body next. And don't forget to take a day off for yourself so your body can heal.

Walking is a really good way to build your legs and butt. Also squats and lunges too.

Doing exercises like plank will help with your core.

Make sure you add stuff like cardio in there too. Getting your heart rate up helps you shed weight faster and its good for your heart. Walking is a good way to do that too.

You can look online for easy exercises for belly toning too to help you figure out what you wanna do at the gym of even at home.
suzanneyea
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Sound like you need to meet with a trainer.

GloBug62
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't over do it just starting out. That's a quick way to discourage continuing. Whenever I start working out again. I always start light because if I go hard, I feel like shit for a week and don't want to hit the gym for 5-6 days. Start with what level you are comfortable doing. Cardio is what's going to help you lose weight in your stomach though. And also a healthy diet. I alternate between cardio and strength training every other day. So Monday-cardio, Tuesday-legs, Wednesday-cardio, Thursday-upper body, Friday-Cardio, Saturday-legs, Sunday-Free Day!, Monday-cardio, etc. Yoga and Pilates are really great ways to strengthen your core muscles.

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Thats exactly what I dont want to do.I dont want to go and get discouraged and quit.. I want to do this and stick to it

Quoting GloBug62:

Don't over do it just starting out. That's a quick way to discourage continuing. Whenever I start working out again. I always start light because if I go hard, I feel like shit for a week and don't want to hit the gym for 5-6 days. Start with what level you are comfortable doing. Cardio is what's going to help you lose weight in your stomach though. And also a healthy diet. I alternate between cardio and strength training every other day. So Monday-cardio, Tuesday-legs, Wednesday-cardio, Thursday-upper body, Friday-Cardio, Saturday-legs, Sunday-Free Day!, Monday-cardio, etc

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Thank you!

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86: Lol. I know that feeling.
You'll be fine

If you want start wih just cardio maybe

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)