Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it considered kidnapping/ custodial interference if

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
I take my son and leave state? There is no custody order with my husband, who is his father. I'm in ny.

Also once i file for divorce wouldn't he know where i was
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1stpreggers
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:57 AM
No .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Not unless there is a custody order. If you flee the state and your husband files for custody/visitation you can be ordered back to the state by the judge. What is going on?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:58 AM
No. There's nothing he can do about it other than attempt to file for rights. But remember he has just as much right to find you and take the kid
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Nothing in the divorce decree?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:59 AM
If he can find us.

Quoting Anonymous: No. There's nothing he can do about it other than attempt to file for rights. But remember he has just as much right to find you and take the kid
bellydancer1984
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:00 PM

i don't think so....i left ny with my kids for a while there was a temporary order but the judge did not claim jurisdiction for ny so it was legal also their placement was with me....as long as you leave ny wherever you go wait 6 months then the state you are in can claim jurisdictuion and file for a custody there.

Sassy762
by 200 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Not if there isn't a custody order or visitation order

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
He can and will. A judge won't look kindly on you. At. All.

Quoting Anonymous: If he can find us.

Quoting Anonymous: No. There's nothing he can do about it other than attempt to file for rights. But remember he has just as much right to find you and take the kid
bellydancer1984
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:02 PM

he can't file unless he has her address or is willing to pay for the court to attempt to locate her..which isn't outrageously expensive but isn't super cheap either...he would also have to pay for her to be subpoenad to court.

Quoting owl0210: Not unless there is a custody order. If you flee the state and your husband files for custody/visitation you can be ordered back to the state by the judge. What is going on?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Thank you. What did you do?

Quoting bellydancer1984:

i don't think so....i left ny with my kids for a while there was a temporary order but the judge did not claim jurisdiction for ny so it was legal also their placement was with me....as long as you leave ny wherever you go wait 6 months then the state you are in can claim jurisdictuion and file for a custody there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)