Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

yucky... vomit smell help

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

i don't know what went on last night but some time in the middle of the night my 2yo vomited and fell back to sleep without  letting me know crying or anything. i went and checked on him this morning anf found him and his bed and stuffed animals just covered in vomit. well i took him directly to the bath and scrubbed and scrubbed his hair twice and then put conditioner in it and brushed it out in the bathtub and i thought i got it all but after getting him out his hair still smells like vomit. anyone have any suggestions to getting the smell the rest of the way out without giving him another bath?.... he at least isn't sick and i think just got chocked up on drainage in the back of his throat sense he has had allergies really bad from the temps going up and down and up and down here. im hoping that might be the end of the cough he had though sense i havent heard him cough all morning sense he has had a horrid cough for the past couple weeks.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Maybe put a little vinegar in his bath? When you wash his clothes add baking soda.

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Vinegar, lemon and baking soda works on that type of stuff. Just dab it into the toys or whatever, let it sit for a bit and rub again with a damp cloth. You can buy febreeze that might help.

jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Ill have to try putting a big of vinegar in his bath, he probably will jump in again tonight when his brother takes his bath tonight. the bedding and toys i actually did toss in baking soda, i keep a huge bag around for laundry and making pretzles too lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe put a little vinegar in his bath? When you wash his clothes add baking soda.

jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:14 PM

do you think i could add the lemon and vinegar to a spray bottle and brush it through for now till his brothers bath tonight where he will probably jump into too.

Quoting Derari:

Vinegar, lemon and baking soda works on that type of stuff. Just dab it into the toys or whatever, let it sit for a bit and rub again with a damp cloth. You can buy febreeze that might help.

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:43 PM

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt, but I would add water too, equal parts to vinegar.

Quoting jlbelknap35:

do you think i could add the lemon and vinegar to a spray bottle and brush it through for now till his brothers bath tonight where he will probably jump into too.

Quoting Derari:

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)