Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introducing my furry children to our new baby??

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:10 PM
  • 0 Replies
OK please do not criticize me as my dog breeds are not going to harm my children at all nor are any of my pets unpredictable. I am stating their breeds as I realize different breeds need different introductions to babies. First I have a catahoula she will be 3 years old just after our baby is born. Her personality is very hyper obviously. We have a good bond and upon arriving home from the hospital I know she will be very very excited to have us home and she gets quite jumpy when excited. I do not punish my dog for being excited she loves us and will have missed us very much so I'm happy to welcome all her jumps, loves, and kisses. I probably need to bring baby in last after she has had time to jump and love on me and my hubby. Second I have a pit bull/boxer she is 6 years old and a big mama. She is calm when we come home but has to sniff everyone out and find out where you have been. I am only worried about how she will react when the baby crys. She get's very concerned and I'm sure will put her face right next to our babies and want to comfort the baby when she crys. I think the crying will make her extremely anxious and concerned about what is going on. She is a big dog BTW she is overweight and suffers depression problems when you are rude to her and refuses to eat or get out of bed. I read a little bit about not yelling at the dog when she is in your way or gets her face in our babies face to examine things. But how can I get her prepared for the crying before the baby gets here?? I want both my girls to be ready for this. I'm positive they both know I'm pregnant. Since becoming pregnant my pit bull/boxer will not let a soul in our home while my hubby is at work (she never did this before I got pregnant) and my catahoula has gotten accustomed to my afternoon naps where she rests her head on my belly and passes out with me on the couch for hours. She looks at me suspicious when my belly kicks her lol.

Please if you have something to say about pit bulls that is negative I don't want to hear it and I don't care. She would never hurt my family and you don't know my dog. She is very special and I wouldn't have any other dog in my life or my kids but her. Her name is Karma because if you ever tried to hurt her family she would become your karma. She is beautiful and sweet and would never hurt her babies. My son rides her around like a horse and she has never so much as even growled at him for any reason. So please keep your rude comments about pits to yourself because I love mine and it is naive people that honestly believe these are not good dogs for kids. You obviously haven't seen little rascals lately ;)
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)