Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

True Story -Of My Life (Past 4 Months)

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:12 PM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this
On September 7th at 5am my husband was drunk and tried to kill me...
We had been together for 5 1/2 years at this point. I thought things were ok, but we had some things to work on -like any married couple. He had hidden secrets and a life I didn't even know about, he became someone I didn't know anymore. After he tried to kill me, I left...

On the 10th I met an amazing guy. We started off as friends, hung out a lot, then I lost my home... He took me and my child in. He became my refuge, my safe place, my happiness. His entire family took me and was amazed at the whole story I told before them. I was scared -what was I going to do now? Within 3 months of knowing him, I began to fall in love.

Now it's almost 4 months later and I couldn't be happier. I have an amazing guy at my side, he's great with my son, and he treats us both right. I am living with him still and things could only get better from here.

As for my husband, I'm waiting on divorce papers, he rarely calls about his son, I have custody, and he barely pays child support. He's a dead beat- and apparently, who I used to call my best friend, is pregnant to my husband. He also has a girlfriend and I think he's living with her. Good for you, have a nice life jackass.

My darkness is gone, my light is shining bright. The smile has returned to my face, and my son is once again thriving.

There's my real life confession. And I will not go anonymous just to prove, it is real.
----Any one else go through anything similar?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Very happy for you! Just don't let love be blinding. That is very soon to move in with someone when you have a child
suzanneyea
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Three days after an attempt on your life, youwere dating?

Quoting Amanda-xo-: On September 7th at 5am my husband was drunk and tried to kill me...
We had been together for 5 1/2 years at this point. I thought things were ok, but we had some things to work on -like any married couple. He had hidden secrets and a life I didn't even know about, he became someone I didn't know anymore. After he tried to kill me, I left...

On the 10th I met an amazing guy. We started off as friends, hung out a lot, then I lost my home... He took me and my child in. He became my refuge, my safe place, my happiness. His entire family took me and was amazed at the whole story I told before them. I was scared -what was I going to do now? Within 3 months of knowing him, I began to fall in love.

Now it's almost 4 months later and I couldn't be happier. I have an amazing guy at my side, he's great with my son, and he treats us both right. I am living with him still and things could only get better from here.

As for my husband, I'm waiting on divorce papers, he rarely calls about his son, I have custody, and he barely pays child support. He's a dead beat- and apparently, who I used to call my best friend, is pregnant to my husband. He also has a girlfriend and I think he's living with her. Good for you, have a nice life jackass.

My darkness is gone, my light is shining bright. The smile has returned to my face, and my son is once again thriving.

There's my real life confession. And I will not go anonymous just to prove, it is real.

Hot_Badonkadonk
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Interesting

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:21 PM
I am as you are happy. But, it seems that you are moving very quickly with the guy. Be careful, and be sure you are seeing this new guy for who he really is. He may be great, just be sure.
Amanda-xo-
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Thanks.
It's actually his moms house. We both live/stay here and we both have sons. He has his son every other week. But things are great.
It was how he handled everything I was going through and how he stayed by my side. I was scared he was gonna run from the whole situation, but he stayed. He held me, talked to me, let me cry and yell at the anger I carried towards my husband. He is everything I could ask for and more. My son took to him right away too, he tells my son "I love you" but hasn't said it to me ....yet. He told me last night in bed that he doesn't just like me, he really really likes me -he makes me laugh all the time, and I love it. :)

Quoting Anonymous: Very happy for you! Just don't let love be blinding. That is very soon to move in with someone when you have a child
Amanda-xo-
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:24 PM
No, we still aren't "together", but it's like a really close fwb thing...

Quoting suzanneyea:

Three days after an attempt on your life, youwere dating?

Quoting Amanda-xo-: On September 7th at 5am my husband was drunk and tried to kill me...

jessecutez2
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:25 PM
I have nit felt with this. Sorry mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this

HOLD ONNNNNNNNNNNN

I have seen this exact post (word for word) before in this group

BRB...**runs outo post to find the other post**

I'M CLASSY, SASSY WITH A BIT OF SMART ASS THROWN IN PIC

Amanda-xo-
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM
He's great. And the time we spend together alone, we talk about things more than do anything sexual. I wanted to know about him, he wanted to know about me. This fwb/relationship is not built on sex alone or anything sexually driven, but true feelings of actually liking each other and accepting each other's flaws and perfections (in each other's eyes) which is why I'm so happy with him.

Quoting crysiann: I am as you are happy. But, it seems that you are moving very quickly with the guy. Be careful, and be sure you are seeing this new guy for who he really is. He may be great, just be sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Hell.. even after a "friend" threatened to kill me and my boys and I just got out of a yucky marriage, I'm not even dating and I have OLDER children.  Oh this "friend" was an ex-bf from eons ago and yes I did get involved with him romantically but none the less, he threatened bodily harm on me and my children. It will be a while before I trust men in general again.  

Just sayin....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)