Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CM Dr's or "natural remedy" moms......Help!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM
  • 17 Replies

I woke up this morning with a bladder infection.  I called my Gyno and they told me to take "AZO" and drink plenty of fluids and to call them back if it's not gone in a day or two.......

Other than the "Azo" and drinking cranberry juice and stuff, does anything else help with the pain and discomfort?

Thanks in advance!

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:21 PM

As has always worked for me...plus the carn juice will really help. Drink lots of fluids...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Azo... Not as

Quoting Anonymous:

As has always worked for me...plus the carn juice will really help. Drink lots of fluids...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Azo is great for the pain, but UTI's need to be treated with antibiotics. It's not something to mess with. If it spreads to the kidneys, it can become very serious.
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:23 PM

cranberry pills if you dont like juice

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:24 PM

I have clreared up many without antibiotics. I have been on antibiotics so much I have built immunities to many of the.

Quoting Anonymous: Azo is great for the pain, but UTI's need to be treated with antibiotics. It's not something to mess with. If it spreads to the kidneys, it can become very serious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Lots of water?
woodswalker
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Yes, this is something you dont want to mess with.   I had a UTI that somehow got into my bloodstream, causing sepsis.   I nearly died.  Spent a week in the hospital--It would have cost 30,000 if we hadnt had insurance.   And I am big on natural remedies and herbal cures, but I will never take a UTI lightly again.   My kids seriously almost lost their mom to a UTI

Quoting Anonymous: Azo is great for the pain, but UTI's need to be treated with antibiotics. It's not Mysomething to mess with. If it spreads to the kidneys, it can become very serious.

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Do not drink cranberry juice, stick with water, btw you can but d-mannose from amazon.com , it can get rid of utis
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:28 PM
I've heard Alka Seltzers work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM
I had one once that I did not get treated. The symptoms went away, so I thought I was fine... Nope. Few weeks later I got out if bed and passed out. It had spread to my kidneys, and 18 years later, I still have damage from it. I won't ever let one go untreated again.

They can do a culture and sensitivity to ensure an effective antibiotic treatment.

I'd just hate to see someone go through what I did.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have clreared up many without antibiotics. I have been on antibiotics so much I have built immunities to many of the.

Quoting Anonymous: Azo is great for the pain, but UTI's need to be treated with antibiotics. It's not something to mess with. If it spreads to the kidneys, it can become very serious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)