Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what could this be? *pic*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Mobile Photo

There are two little spots on the top of my son's head. One is scabbed over, the other just showed up yesterday. I have no idea what they are our what they're cause is. Any ideas?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M0M0F03
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Is he hitting it off of something? Looks like a bruise around the top one.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:26 PM

My girls started to have some strange things like that. Mostly they were scabbed over or were bleeding. Went to the Dr for it. It was during the summer so she said it could be the nats or it could be a spider in there bed. She gave us a cream to help heal them and not get infections. She told us to use bug spray when they are out and then to also vacuum there beds, pillows, stuffed animals and wash what we could.

We did both and it stopped. So it could be some kind of bug biting them and not sure what else it could be.

Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:27 PM
What kind of shampoo do you use?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:28 PM
No, it's not bruised. When I touch it it feels like there is fluid just under that little spot. There isn't an indicator of a bug bite. It's just so weird because they are both so close together and showed up within a few days of each other.

Quoting M0M0F03:

Is he hitting it off of something? Looks like a bruise around the top one.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:28 PM
He might have had pimples up there and scratched them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Suave kid shampoo.

Quoting Melbornj: What kind of shampoo do you use?
fenders35
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Go to Dr

NeonGirl9583
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Looks like a cyst. My kids them a lot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM

i would recooment getting him a new pillow. washing his bedding and vacuuming his mattress REALLY well. could be a spider or something in his bedding. maybe a new mattress. could be bed bugs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:30 PM
The one that recently showed up didn't look like it had a typical bug bite. It wasn't discolored the first day either.

Quoting Raeann11:

My girls started to have some strange things like that. Mostly they were scabbed over or were bleeding. Went to the Dr for it. It was during the summer so she said it could be the nats or it could be a spider in there bed. She gave us a cream to help heal them and not get infections. She told us to use bug spray when they are out and then to also vacuum there beds, pillows, stuffed animals and wash what we could.

We did both and it stopped. So it could be some kind of bug biting them and not sure what else it could be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)