Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate vaccines

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 121 Replies

Every time I have to take my kids it just makes me so sad. I know they need them but sometimes I second guess them.... DS is only 2 months old and had to have his shots and it was so sad to see how upset he got. Then after he had the shots in his thighs I was getting him dressed and his legs started spasming. I ran and got the doctor and they kept doing it. She saw it and checked him over. They did stop but it was SCARY. DD never had a reaction like that.. She said it can happen though. Today his thighs are obviously sore because whenever I change his diaper he gets really upset. One of the shot sites is still red :( .. I couldnt even put a cloth diaper on his because he slightly goes over his thighs and I dont want him to hurt anymore.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
So glad I don't vaccinate
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm sorry ;( my daughter only had one, then we decided not to vaccinate anymore. i understand parents who still do though

Jessicamarquez
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:39 PM
You can always no a vintage. My baby's in no pain (:
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:39 PM
We vaccinate. I've never seen spasms, but a red hard patch at the injection site is normal for a week or two, depending on the specific vaccine. That must have been scary to see.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

When I vaccinated I always ignored my gut instinct and it was awful.  I finally listened and stopped vaxing her after six months.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:48 PM

We have a relative with post polio syndrome, so when it's hard to take the kids for vaccines I just think about what the relative has had to go through and the vaccines seem mild.

incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:49 PM
3 moms liked this
Yeah but a few tears over a small needle is really a piss poor reason to not vax
waytomanykids10
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
So glad we don't vaccinate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Quoting incogNinja: Yeah but a few tears over a small needle is really a piss poor reason to not vax

Wow you sound like a class act. And it wasnt about "a few tears" .. Do you really find a 2 month old's legs spasming after a vaccination to be normal?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Okay.
Rather leg spasms then a deadly illness. Bet you'll like him to use those legs instead of getting polio....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)