Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some people have NO filter

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

A good friend of mine is white and married to a Korean man.  She was previously married and had two kids before she married her current husband.  Her first husband passed away.  He was black.  She had two more children with her husband and he has 1 from his first marriage...his first wife also passed away.

Anyway..we were out last night with the kids and this lady asked her how many orphans she planned to save.  I just kind of sat there open mouthed looking at her.  Luckily my friend is quick on the draw and made a comment about the lady being a nosy wench. 

I have had one person ask me about my kids.  My dd is very dark haired.  I have two step kids and obviously they look nothing alike.  But I don't think that it is anyones business.  I had the girls out to lunch and the waitress said that only one looked like me....

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:46 PM
2 moms liked this

People are assholes. I look super young. I always have people get snotty when I'm out with my teenager. I always get the classic comment of, When did you start having kids when you were 12? I always smile and say, of course not. I was 8!

Dumbass people.

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:49 PM
Lol I get this too. I'm 27 and my boys are 8, 6, and 2. I've actually had people insist that they couldn't be mine. I will occasionally tell people that I'm "much older than I look" I told a lady not long ago that I'm 33 and am just very genetically blessed lol

Quoting Anonymous:

People are assholes. I look super young. I always have people get snotty when I'm out with my teenager. I always get the classic comment of, When did you start having kids when you were 12? I always smile and say, of course not. I was 8!

Dumbass people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Haha...my sister was out with my dd once.  I think dd was 3 and my sister was 18.  Someone told her she was too young to have kids.  My sister told them that it was her neice and that I had died in a tragic shoe accident...where my shoe got caught in a sewer grate and I got hit by a semi truck. 

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar: Lol I get this too. I'm 27 and my boys are 8, 6, and 2. I've actually had people insist that they couldn't be mine. I will occasionally tell people that I'm "much older than I look" I told a lady not long ago that I'm 33 and am just very genetically blessed lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Dumbass people.

AZHOTMOM
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar: Lol I get this too. I'm 27 and my boys are 8, 6, and 2. I've actually had people insist that they couldn't be mine. I will occasionally tell people that I'm "much older than I look" I told a lady not long ago that I'm 33 and am just very genetically blessed lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Dumbass people.

Haha, I am 33. My dd is 14. I got married and started young. But I look about 18. No kidding.

I still get carded to buy DH cigerettes. At the last school function a lady yelled at me and told me to go to the gym with all the other kids. I tried to tell her I was a parent and she followed me to the auditorium screaming at me that she was going to give me a referal. Hahahahaha. The look on her face when I sat down next to my DH and my mom and dad was priceless.

incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Even if they were adopted how is that anyone's business. What a lousy thing to say.
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:58 PM
That is awesome! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha...my sister was out with my dd once.  I think dd was 3 and my sister was 18.  Someone told her she was too young to have kids.  My sister told them that it was her neice and that I had died in a tragic shoe accident...where my shoe got caught in a sewer grate and I got hit by a semi truck. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Dumbass people.

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Lol! Dh and I got into a fender bender (I had just left th gym and was in running shorts and a tank top with my hair up) I got out to speak to the lady and she was super rude and told me she wouldn't speak to me that my father need to get out of the car and speak to her. I was like mam that's my husband and I own this vehicle do you probably need to speak to me.

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Quoting Anonymous:

Dumbass people.

Haha, I am 33. My dd is 14. I got married and started young. But I look about 18. No kidding.

I still get carded to buy DH cigerettes. At the last school function a lady yelled at me and told me to go to the gym with all the other kids. I tried to tell her I was a parent and she followed me to the auditorium screaming at me that she was going to give me a referal. Hahahahaha. The look on her face when I sat down next to my DH and my mom and dad was priceless.

AZHOTMOM
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar: Lol! Dh and I got into a fender bender (I had just left th gym and was in running shorts and a tank top with my hair up) I got out to speak to the lady and she was super rude and told me she wouldn't speak to me that my father need to get out of the car and speak to her. I was like mam that's my husband and I own this vehicle do you probably need to speak to me.

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Quoting Anonymous:

Dumbass people.

Haha, Love it! I always get those people that come to the door selling things and ask if my parents are home. I say nope and shut the door. Sometimes it works to my advantage. LOL!

suzanneyea
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:07 PM

I am sure people will ask if I am my sons gaprandmother one day. I had him at forty. It is what it is, not going to offend me though.

Howardx5
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:12 PM

even if they were "orphans", whats wrong with saving children? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)