Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MUST READ!!!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:47 PM
  • 16 Replies

This was posted on my FB this morning and as a mom I can not imagine how she must feel!!! This happened in Albany Oregon 

So here is the story of MY DAY. I wake up and get my kids on the bus. Gryffen (6) got on his bus about 815am. Lyfe (9 and autistic who rides a special needs bus) gets on his bus at 827am. I walk him out to the bus and put him in the second seat from the front per the bus drivers suggestion. I buckle him in and kiss him good bye. 958am I get a call from Lyfe's school. I missed the call but figured I would check it in a second. 1005am ANOTHER call from Lyfe's school. I miss the call by seconds so I call the school back at 1006am. I say "this is Ashlee Ellefson, Lyfe Ellefson-Hamar's mom. I had 2 missed calls and was wondering what you needed." The office attendant says "we were wondering if Lyfe was coming to school today" I say " what do you mean I put him on the bus at 827am this morning! what do you mean? do you NOT HAVE HIM??" then she says "hold on" and puts me on hold. NOW I'M IN A PANIC!! I run and wake Jeff Hamar up. "The school doesn't have Lyfe! They lost Lyfe" I hangup with the school and call back "where is my son" and I get "we are looking and we are calling the Bus Garage". Jeff gets on the phone with the bus garage "where is my son?" and they reply "we are looking". 15 MINUETS LATER they say "We found him. He is still on the bus" The bus driver picked him up then drove him to school THEN left with him on the bus in the SAME seat I BUCKLED HIM IN!! all he had to do was turn his head and he would have seen him!! SECOND FUCKING SEAT ON A SPECIAL ED BUS!!!! I told the bus garage "do not touch him and DO NOT give him to anyone else I will be there to pick him up!" Jeff and I (and ryver 2 yr) arrive to pick him up and there were 2 people waiting to meet us. One is the lady (kim I believe) who runs the bus garage and another older man who I was told "is representing the Albany school district". The lady keeps saying "we are so sorry. This is all our fault. I can't believe this happened and again we are so sorry. we are looking into this" All the man says is "we have a lot of kids who we bus everyday, we strive for excellence and today we did not" No empathy no sorry nothing! I asked to see the tape in the bus and I was told NO I asked for the bus drivers name so I can do a background check and I was told NO. OH I forgot to mention I called the police on the way to the bus garage! So when the cop arrives I tell him what happened and EVEN HE IS FLABBERGASTED BY THEIR INCOMPETENCE. He takes our report and says HE will review the tapes and then call us and tell us what he sees. We then took Lyfe to the ABC house in Albany to be checked out because Lyfe CANNOT tell us if anything bad happened to him. He CANNOT tell me if anyone touched him or hurt him, so to be safe we took him to be looked at (the abc house staff and Dr's are amazing! so sweet, nice and professional). The police office (Salang, who by the way is an AWESOME cop!!) Meets us at the ABC house with what he saw on the tapes. He tell us yes Lyfe was picked up at 827 am, the tapes show me getting on the bus and putting Lyfe in the SECOND seat and kissing him goodbye. It later shows the bus arriving at the school and ALL the kids BUT Lyfe getting off. 906am the bus driver heads back to the bus garage and it shows him AGAIN looking in the back through the mirror THEN HE GETS OFF THE BUS and LEAVES THE DOOR WIDE OPEN!! He DID NOT do his last check. ALL BUS DRIVERS BY LAW ARE SUPPOSED TO WALK THE BUS BEFORE THEY LEAVE THE BUS AND HE DID NOT! The camera turns off 10 min after the bus is turned off. The camera then turn back on at 1020am when they find my 9 yr old autistic son still on the bus STILL IN THE SEAT I PUT HIM IN STILL BUCKLED IN HIS FUCKING SEAT!! WITH THE DOOR WIDE OPEN!! There was 50 min of time NOT recorded on the camera. MY 9 year old autistic son who DOESN'T TALK and rides a special needs bus was forgotten and LEFT ALONE for over 1 hour! WITH THE DOOR WIDE OPEN. What if he walked off? what if someone walk on the bus? What if the school DIDN'T CALL? What if I DIDN'T answer my phone? If Lyfe school didn't call this morning I wouldn't have known he was missing! I am sure all the moms out there hearing this story can imagine if it was YOUR child and feel your heart fall out of your chest. I thought I had lost my son forever. This is a terrible thing that happened and it should NEVER have happened. BUT WAIT IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE. At the beginning of this year they lost my 6 yr old Gryffen 3 times!! The first day Gryffen rode the bus the bus driver DIDN'T KNOW he had a new student and drove by our house, so I called the bus garage and 20 min later they found him and brought him home. A FEW days later they DID IT AGAIN BUT THIS TIME the bus driver didn't stop the bus to look for him. When the bus garage attendant radios to the bus driver the bus driver says "NO I don't have him". 30 min later the bus garage attendant (while on the phone with my mother because I couldn't even talk at this point) radios BACK to Gryffen's bus driver and asks "did you look?" and the bus driver say "I called out his name and no one answered" then the bus garage attendant (Tony, who I absolutely love! He is awesome at his job) says or rather yells "PULL OVER IMMEDIATELY AND PHYSICALLY LOOK FOR HIM!" Which the bus driver DID and OMG Gryffen WAS THERE asleep ON THE BUS!! My mother makes the comment to me " This situation sucks but you know they will never do this again!" But no we still have ONE MORE TIME WITH THIS SHIT! About a month later I'm waiting outside for Gryffen's bus and it slows down at our house but doesn't stop. It then speeds away with me running after it waving my arms screaming for him to stop. SO I call the bus barn and wouldn't you know the answer I get is "we do not know where he is. He didn't get on his bus after school" So ANOTHER panic for me, my child is MISSING AGAIN. I call the school and they say they put him on the bus BUT the BUS garage says they DON'T have him! Another 20 min later they find him ON THE WRONG BUS! SO in counting that is 4 times the albany school district has lost my children! I hope they are ready because they are about to get the wrath of one pissed off mother!! we have contacted fox 12 news and they want this story! we also have contacted a lawyer! Then we will contact channel 2,3,4,5,6,8,9,11,12,13' ect I'm NOT STOPPING TIL EVERYONE HEARS ABOUT THIS so please share! If you have a special needs child or if the Albany school or any school has lost your child. or re-post or share is this makes you as furious as me! Their lack of competence is deplorable! PLEASE RE-POST and SHARE with EVERYONE!! POST AND SHARE THIS ON NEWS STATION FACEBOOK PAGES.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this

This is the very reason NONE of my kids or grandkids ride on a school bus.....ever

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
The spelling of your kids names is atrocious! That's fucked up that they are so incompetent.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:59 PM

OMG so scary.

Mandy575
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Those are not my kids names. If you READ it was posted on my FB. The issues with the CHILDREN are what's important NOT her kids names!!! 

Quoting Anonymous: The spelling of your kids names is atrocious! That's fucked up that they are so incompetent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

because your opinion means SO much to her.  I have seen both of those names, spelled that exact way, many times.   take a nap and stop being a judgemental asshat.

Quoting Anonymous: The spelling of your kids names is atrocious! That's fucked up that they are so incompetent.

teal_phoenix
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:06 PM

BUMP!

army_5_wife
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:08 PM

After the first 3 times no wait the FIRST time that happened with one of my children they would have never been put on the bus again. But I also do not trust the public schol system they fail to many kids so my kids are homeschooled.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah... and now we all know first and last names of people and their Facebook's and town... you shouldn't be posting that shit.
JohnnysGirl1967
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:13 PM

It's terrible this happened. BUT....since I HATE facebook, I have to ask, what good is sharing and re-posting this long, long, long post going to do? I don't understand why people waste their time & resources doing that. smh 

Mashnut3161
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:15 PM

that is crazy. I think I would kill someone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)