Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help- divorce

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I got married to my so of 5 years in November. I have quickly realized it was a grave mistake. We have a 2yo together, and he has sole custody of his 5 1/2 yo, whom I've raised for the entire length of our relationship, the whole reason i stayed through abuse, the reason i married him (to adopt). Now i do not plan on adopting. The kid doesn't respect me at all thanks to his dad, and now his dads convinced him i am " beating the shit out of him" because i spanked his butt for continuously lying (i mean, CONSTANTLY, and he plays dh against each other). It is just more hassle than it's worth, kid is probably going to be. Pathological liar like his gpa and wind up in juvie.

Anyways i just want to divorce. Can any divorcees give me advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Well, these were all things you were aware of long before the marriage.

See if you can get an annulment. But this sounds like a horribly messy situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:06 PM
We're not eligible for an annulment. Yes, it was very stupid of me to stay this long, i should have ran years ago but the guilt for the child made me stay, now i see it was pointless :( i am very unhappy and i just want advice on howto move on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, these were all things you were aware of long before the marriage.

See if you can get an annulment. But this sounds like a horribly messy situation.

ericabb
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:10 PM
What state do you live in? Laws vary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:10 PM
I'm in the process of trying to get out of marriage too. Dh use to be abusive for the first two years of our three year marriage. I want out now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Ny

Quoting ericabb: What state do you live in? Laws vary.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)