Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This Really Grinds My Gears...

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:35 PM
  • 14 Replies

Don't you ladies just hate it when you see a mom and her children out together, but the mother is dressed way better than her kids? Ugh! Take that extra money that you're spending on yourself, and buy them some new shoes or something!!! So selfish!!

slap

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm opposite, I make sure my kid is dressed nicely when we are out, I'm not a slob, but I just don't put much effort into my dress. Just getting out of the house takes all my energy!
lucille.bluth
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:39 PM
What about the mom looking like shit but her kids are dressed up?
MaryLu86
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I've never really noticed. I don't pay much attention to what people are wearing though.
Xanbuttsmom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:40 PM
This

Quoting olliesmommy2: I'm opposite, I make sure my kid is dressed nicely when we are out, I'm not a slob, but I just don't put much effort into my dress. Just getting out of the house takes all my energy!
Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:40 PM
That doesn't bother me at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:41 PM

i just assume mom just came from work and the kids were at daycare or something.  a lot of times i look nicer than the kids...but it's because they dress themselves and they LIKE the holy jeans or t-shirt that's a bit too small. just because they're wearing clothes that you consider to be crappy doesn't mean they don't have "nice" stuff at home.

on the flip side, i have been known to make a grocery store run in house clothes while the kids are dressed in their "good" clothes. 

who knows what's going on with people when you see randomly see them out in public.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:42 PM

My kid only wanted to wear baggy pants (they hid his diapers) and tees. I sure as hell was not going to dress worse than that. I wore nice jeans, shirts and heels. My hair was always fixed and I always wore make up. Still do for that matter. 

jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:42 PM

this!

Quoting almondpigeon:

i just assume mom just came from work and the kids were at daycare or something.  a lot of times i look nicer than the kids...but it's because they dress themselves and they LIKE the holy jeans or t-shirt that's a bit too small. just because they're wearing clothes that you consider to be crappy doesn't mean they don't have "nice" stuff at home.

on the flip side, i have been known to make a grocery store run in house clothes while the kids are dressed in their "good" clothes. 

who knows what's going on with people when you see randomly see them out in public.

Torihoney5njn
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:43 PM
My problem is my son is super fussy about shoes. To the point he won't tolerate replacing his old ones until they literally start falling apart. So he is always dressed nice, but depending on where we are at within the shoe cycle he may be wearing a totally beat up, ratty pair of shoes.
Not the hill I want to die on, so whatevs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)