Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are my options and where to I start? I want another child.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

I am a single mom of one amazing kid an 8yr old boy, I have my own finances (a generous inheritance), I own my own home, a 3 bedroom bungalow. I am 34 yrs old.

Life is actually pretty good and happy.  

The problem is I really want another baby.  A lot.  I want to see ds have a brother or sister.  But I am single and I really really do not EVER want to be pregnant again, plus my age.  

I can afford a baby, I have space for a baby, I am able to care for a baby.  But not give birth to a baby.  

I don't know what to do or where to turn to learn about my options.  

I guess adoption is the obvious choice.  But I've heard so many bad things and I don't know where to start.  And, I hate to say it, but there are some preferences I have, I don't know if that's allowed or if that makes it hard. And because I'm single, I don't know if that's allowed?

Anyone else been through this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:20 PM

IVF?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:22 PM

....I don't need fertility treatment.  I do not want to be pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous:

IVF?

zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Hire a surrogate, or talk to an adoption agency

JaeMommy07
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Maybe a surrogate? Idk. That and adoption/foster care seem like the only options you have.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:25 PM
No clue. Good luck!
kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:25 PM

You could adopt as a single parent. I read an article last year that more and more single women are adopting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:29 PM

I don't even know where to begin with that.  I suppose googling adoption agencies.  But how does one know which ones are reputable ect?  

Quoting JaeMommy07:

Maybe a surrogate? Idk. That and adoption/foster care seem like the only options you have.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:30 PM

oh?  I wasn't sure.  I need to start calling places and meeting with them I think.  

Quoting kaybayblee3:

You could adopt as a single parent. I read an article last year that more and more single women are adopting.

PeppermintyTea
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:31 PM
You can have preferences when adopting, it may just take a long time to adopt if you are very specific. You could also get a surrogate, and donor sperm.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:35 PM

My preferences are just, I would like a caucasian baby (i am caucasian) and I would prefer a baby over 6months old and I would prefer a closed adoption,  I don't know if that would cause a huge hinderance.

I've heard of surrogate's, but I am leery of them.  What if the mother changes her mind?  Or wants to stay involved?

Quoting PeppermintyTea: You can have preferences when adopting, it may just take a long time to adopt if you are very specific. You could also get a surrogate, and donor sperm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)