Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you or SO spend more time with technology than each other?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
We are both guilty of it. Dh more than myself, but I do it too. We both complain we need to work our marriage out and we need more
Communication and affection, a lot more quality time. When he gets home and does what he needs to do he comes out to the living room and we just can't think of a thing to say to each other and we end up bored and on our phone or ipad or end up sucked into the tv.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:05 PM
My dh is guilty of doing that. If its not his phone, its his xbox. Worst part of all is he chats to people he sees at work for 10hours a day.it drives me nuts. He keeps promising it will change, I'm yet to see that :(
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Well  yeah - but that's because technology is his JOB.  We "use" it but don't let it use us.

lalaboosh
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Yes, but that's because he's at work all day. He's a computer programmer, so he is with a computer all day. I'm at home with a baby and a soon to be 3 year old, so I'm on my phone seeking more mature stimuli. Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:11 PM
Yeah, he works more than I do so we text when we can. Then when he comes home, we talk for a few minutes then he goes straight on his phone or tablet. I find us more on opposite sides of a room on our phones more than us spending time with one another.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:12 PM

We are on our computers for a while after dinner. Sitting next to each other but I guess that doesn't matter. We do however make it a point to shut them off and spend 2 hours each night together before bed.

pasteeater_too
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:16 PM

I don't really mind when he plays his xbox because I enjoy watching him play.  But yes, we do get sucked into tech more than we should.  It's not good but we still talk and stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:17 PM
He does. Candy crush is the devil!!
Lilfootmommy
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Technology is my dhs life he loves it and it doesnt bother me
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:27 PM
It bothers me a lot that both of us don't put our phones away and shut the tv off and spend quality time together. But even when I attempt that it just goes nowhere
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:49 PM
I know how you feel :(

Quoting Anonymous: My dh is guilty of doing that. If its not his phone, its his xbox. Worst part of all is he chats to people he sees at work for 10hours a day.it drives me nuts. He keeps promising it will change, I'm yet to see that :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)