Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you talk to your SO about?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have no idea what we used to talk about before we were married. We have three kids together you would think being married and having children would give you something to say or some kind of attachment to one another but it just doesn't seem to. We are both bad at showing love or affection, we barely make eye contact or look at each other, we don't talk, kiss, hug, hold hands, we don't even sleep in the same room. We have sex maybe 3 times a week, occasionally more often. But there's just nothing there emotionally.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

We talk about everything, how work was, the kids, our parents, our siblings, movies, songs, books, dreams, memories, games, what we need, what we want, sex, etc.  Nothing is off limits. 

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:59 PM

We talk about tons of things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:59 PM
I wish I felt like I could talk to him about any of those things. But it feels like we've already talked about everything and there's nothing left to say

Quoting Anonymous:

We talk about everything, how work was, the kids, our parents, our siblings, movies, songs, books, dreams, memories, games, what we need, what we want, sex, etc.  Nothing is off limits. 

TheDrsRose
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Literally everything. We have a lot of common interests though,which makes things easy. They say once you've been together you tend to stop having much in common so maybe you guys need to take an afternoon or a few minutes to sit down and figure out something you would both maybe like to do? Camping this summer? A small trip you could take just the two of you? Maybe even just a dinner at a place you've both been looking forward to eating at? Something you can both talk about and get excited about? It's not a lot but it might be a start?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Those are good ideas.

Seems like we have talked about everything already and nothing left to say we didn't have much in common to begin with now it's worse

Quoting TheDrsRose:

Literally everything. We have a lot of common interests though,which makes things easy. They say once you've been together you tend to stop having much in common so maybe you guys need to take an afternoon or a few minutes to sit down and figure out something you would both maybe like to do? Camping this summer? A small trip you could take just the two of you? Maybe even just a dinner at a place you've both been looking forward to eating at? Something you can both talk about and get excited about? It's not a lot but it might be a start?

lalaboosh
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:01 PM
We talk about whatever is on our minds. You guys have sex more often than we do, I wouldn't worry about the sex unless someone is unsatisfied there.

How old are the kids?
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:02 PM
I feel ya!

Quoting Anonymous: I have no idea what we used to talk about before we were married. We have three kids together you would think being married and having children would give you something to say or some kind of attachment to one another but it just doesn't seem to. We are both bad at showing love or affection, we barely make eye contact or look at each other, we don't talk, kiss, hug, hold hands, we don't even sleep in the same room. We have sex maybe 3 times a week, occasionally more often. But there's just nothing there emotionally.
drowningmama
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:02 PM
We talk about everything - anything. Whatever is going on. This morning he texted me that there was a national velveeta shortage. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:02 PM

How long have you been married? Some of these things change quite often(how the day was, dreams, what we want)  

Quoting Anonymous: I wish I felt like I could talk to him about any of those things. But it feels like we've already talked about everything and there's nothing left to say

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)