Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for the love of all that is sane, can the child not entertain herself for 2 minutes (just frustrated)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
My SD is 6..........she was an only child, until I started seeing her dad when she was 3. I also have 2 children who are her step siblings. We have all 3 children in our home 100 percent of the time...Her bio mother left the picture when she was 2 months old, and my kids bio dad left when the youngest was 9 months old....anyway this child seems totally unable to entertain herself....i really dont understand it and sometimes it drives me nuts! she constantly follows me around...even to the bathroom and will stand outside the door until i am done.....she has a HUGE variety of toys and wont play with them unless I do too. She does play with my kids but acts like its an inconvience (sp) and quickly leaves them to ask me to play with her....I do make an effort to spend time with all the kids as a group and each alone everyday....even if its just 10 minutes. I do crafts with them, Im involved in their classrooms, but level of independence between my children and her is huge though and I really do not understand why. They are all VERY close in age..7,6, and 5 (will be 6 this month). I mean she still asks to be held and carried...Idk if this is just her personality or what....i am not exactly new to her life, and I make a very conscious effort to treat her exactly like I treat my own bio children, the same way her father does with mine...when we talk to people about them we dont refer to them as this is my stepchild xxx, itss simply this is my child\children we dont say go tell your step brother...we say go tell your brother....it just gets a little frustrating.....
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:15 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:15 PM
bump
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:17 PM
I feel for you. Sounds just like my kids!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM
i know kids are all different but she has 2 others within a year age of her either way.......i understand all kids want play time with their parent and they all get that.....but she is much more clingly than the other two

Quoting RunningMommaof2: I feel for you. Sounds just like my kids!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)