Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

leaving your kids in the car???

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:07 PM
  • 31 Replies

I just went to put gas in the car and I brought my four month in with me.  I was just getting gas, nothing else and the woman behind the counter said "wow, do you bring our baby in every time?"  Of course I do, and I told the woman that, and she said I wouldn't believe the amount of parents that just left the kids in the car.  Do you leave your kids if you're just running in and you can still see the car?

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by 200 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Only if my 17 year old DD is also in the car otherwise they all 5 get out and come in with me

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:08 PM

I often leave my 10 year old in the car. I don't see any point in dragging her in to the ATM or to pay for gas.

CafeMom Tickers
beerabitch69
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:09 PM

yes, they stay in the car.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I have on occasion, yes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:09 PM
No way
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:10 PM
I have an 8 year and a 6 year old if they don't want to come in and I can see them I lock the doors and they stay in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Yes when its negative temps take the viper alarm with me. I have remote start so car is locked, and alarm is set .
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:10 PM

I will leave my 9 & 6 year old in the car to use the ATM machine and to check the PO box, but that is about it.

We don't pump our gas here so I don't even get out of the car to pay. I just hand the person my card or cash.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:10 PM
No, but only because my kids are too young to get out of the car themselves or help younger siblings. When they're old enough to get in and out by themselves, I'm sure I'd leave them in the car.
MommaH4
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:10 PM

i take my 5 and 2 year old inside with me every time. which is why my husband usually just takes my car to the gas station real quick to fill it up for me :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)