Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hitting toddler

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

Dd 3 is hitting other children on a playground at daycare and now they say that she is scary and dont want to play with her. She doesnt behave like that at home or on a playground with me. How to address this issue? No bashing please. 

I usually give her timeouts and explain how bad it is. Recently it only causes her crying and refusing to talk. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:18 PM

BUMP!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Did you make this post yesterday ???

The teacher made DD apologize and she cried???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Quoting Sassy762:

Did you make this post yesterday ???

The teacher made DD apologize and she cried???

Yes i did

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:22 PM

She's probably pissed that she is there. I don't want that to sound "bashing"......maybe make sure that you spend extra time with her outside of daycare. During this time explain that hitting is bad. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:24 PM
As a daycare provider I have to say that this is up to the center/daycare that your DD goes to. They should be addressing and preventing the hitting.

Your DD is not a toddler. She is to old to be hitting. The daycare needs to watch her and see what is triggering this behaviour. You need to be asking a lot of questions to whoever is in charge and who is supposed to be watching the children.
LadyBugMom09
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Sounds about right...

Quoting mygardenia:

She's probably pissed that she is there. I don't want that to sound "bashing"......maybe make sure that you spend extra time with her outside of daycare. During this time explain that hitting is bad. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Quoting Anonymous: As a daycare provider I have to say that this is up to the center/daycare that your DD goes to. They should be addressing and preventing the hitting.

Your DD is not a toddler. She is to old to be hitting. The daycare needs to watch her and see what is triggering this behaviour. You need to be asking a lot of questions to whoever is in charge and who is supposed to be watching the children.

What should i be asking? It upsets me so much i dont know what i should be doing. She loves daycare otherwise

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:35 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:26 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:40 PM
What was happening at the time. Who was watching her. Did she do it out of anger. Its it the same situation every time she hits. How its handled at daycare. What the staff is doing to prevent it

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: As a daycare provider I have to say that this is up to the center/daycare that your DD goes to. They should be addressing and preventing the hitting.

What should i be asking? It upsets me so much i dont know what i should be doing. She loves daycare otherwise

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)