Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I fire my cleaning lady?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
I have had the same cleaning lady for 3 years now. She does a great job cleaning and until now I have not had a issue and she come 1x a week. Well today she came, I handed her a check that had the amount owed plus $20 for a tip, then my son and I went to our play date. I had left a $100 bill on the table for my brother because he asked to borrow some money. He was supposed to come come by while we were gone and he had the combo to the house. When he got there it was gone. I came home and looked for it and sure enough it was gone. I called the cleaning lady. She said she picked it up thinking it was a tip. I explained to her no and that before taking any money or anything else from my house she needs to ask. I also told her I need the money returned ASAP. She said she will return it tomorrow when she is in the area. Now I don't know if I should fire her. Sometimes we are here when she is cleaning but other times not. Ugh.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kewimom
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:23 PM
5 moms liked this
Wait and see if she actually returns it. Yes she should of asked, especially consindering the check had an extra 20. I would of told her your brother was coming by for it, kinda for her safety as well, his arrival could of startled her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Though You Did Add A Tip To The Check I Can Understand Why She Thought It May Be For Her.
.Zombie.Girl.
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:29 PM
6 moms liked this

Did you mention to her before you left that the money was for your brother?

I can see how she thought it was a tip since you left it out in the open on the table. I wouldn't fire her if she didn't lie about taking it and returns it. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM
3 moms liked this

It was a mishap. If she returns it then no harm done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM
No!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM
6 moms liked this
She was honest about taking it. It doesn't sound like she had any intention of stealing from you. As long as she returns it, I'd chalk it up to a misunderstanding.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
She was honest with you thinking it was her tip. If she returns it then give her another chance.
RazzleMySpazz
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:33 PM
3 moms liked this
It was aid take that's been dealt with... She is surely embarrassed...

Let it go.......

If she were actually stealing she wouldn't have confessed to having the money....
Sassy762
by 200 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Did you tell her that  you added a 20 tip in the check???

TheSilence
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Was her check near the money or the money in a place you normally put her payment/tip?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)