Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I do not understand

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Why people say the father can not bond if you bf.My dd was born when my husband was deployed to Iraq.I was bf when he came home on R&R.She was only 3days old at the time.He was only home for 2weeks.He did not come home until she was 8months old.After that he went to the field for 3-4wks at a time.His MOS required a lot of field training .On top of that he had JRTC and NCO school.Then more pre deployment training .He is now out and they have a very close bond.I love it.It is the most dumb comment when I hear mothers say they do not want to bf so dad can bond with baby.I.get just not wanting to do it.That is the mothers choice.If you are going to make up an excuse please come up with one that makes sense
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Bump
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Agree. Same goes for moms ho do BF who insist their bond with their kid is soooo much more special than the bond a mom who formula feeds has.  I BF and that comment to me is just as offensive as saying you didn't BF so dad could bond.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
That is very true!

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Agree. Same goes for moms ho do BF who insist their bond with their kid is soooo much more special than the bond a mom who formula feeds has.  I BF and that comment to me is just as offensive as saying you didn't BF so dad could bond.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:38 PM
My mom really got mad at my SIL for wanting to bf.She really said my sil was being selfish .I stood up to my mom and told my mom she was selfish

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

LadyBugMom09
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Agree
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Hell my own mom was a little pouty over it.  She tried to BF her first, failed, and never tried again.  My MIL never nursed but her daughter had so she was more read up on why you really should give it your best shot.  After six weeks I would pump and let people babysit and feed her so it isn't like they can't enjoy bathing the baby, or rocking the baby etc.  I already said with my current pregnancy beyond the feeding everyone else is more than welcome to do whatever !

Quoting Anonymous: My mom really got mad at my SIL for wanting to bf.She really said my sil was being selfish .I stood up to my mom and told my mom she was selfish

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM
I sooo agree!

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Hell my own mom was a little pouty over it.  She tried to BF her first, failed, and never tried again.  My MIL never nursed but her daughter had so she was more read up on why you really should give it your best shot.  After six weeks I would pump and let people babysit and feed her so it isn't like they can't enjoy bathing the baby, or rocking the baby etc.  I already said with my current pregnancy beyond the feeding everyone else is more than welcome to do whatever !

Quoting Anonymous: My mom really got mad at my SIL for wanting to bf.She really said my sil was being selfish .I stood up to my mom and told my mom she was selfish

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)