Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you and SO bicker/argue with each other in front of your kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 235 Replies

I don't mean fight or argue where you two are yelling at each other and belittling each other... but like, for example:

If you guys are stressed over a huge bill or moving expenses or something that would cause you two to have different opinions, and you guys start bickering at each other over it. 

Do you do that in front of your kids? Or do you wait until they are out of hearing range to discuss whatever is stressing you out or whatever the case may be?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:56 PM

bump

M0M0F03
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:58 PM
65 moms liked this

Yep, we bicker. I do not want my kids to think a marriage is all roses. They need to know parents fight, get over it and still love each other. I do not want them to get married and divorced when they have their first big fight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:58 PM
2 moms liked this

That's exactly how I feel

Quoting M0M0F03:

Yep, we bicker. I do not want my kids to think a marriage is all roses. They need to know parents fight, get over it and still love each other. I do not want them to get married and divorced when they have their first big fight.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

No, no fights in front of our children, although we hardly ever fight at all. We love to debate, though and that we do in front of the kids, but it's always a respectful debate, not a discussion or a fight.

AZHOTMOM
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:59 PM
11 moms liked this

Yup, my kids need to see all parts of a healthy relationship not just the rainbows and smiley parts of it. If they don't ever see conflict how will they learn to work through it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:00 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes. We discuss smaller issues even if they are there. But I think it helps them to understand that we may get mad and we may argue but we still love each other and stand by each other.
yankeefan828
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:01 PM

this drives me nuts. i get so mad when dh does that. he is a very loud person when hes mad and then he expects me to answer him when hes yelling infront of dd. then he will go in the kitchen and ask me things so i would have to yell. agh i hate yelling anything so yep we do but i try to avoid it

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

we will have an argument and a resolution to said argument in front of our son. I think its important that he sees us be able to calming talk things over and resolve our arguments.

supermama322
by Kaylee on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes although it's rare for us to argue or bicker..but if it does happen in front of the kids, we don't hide it. It's important to show them communication and healthy conflict resolution.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, it's good for them to see we are not happy with each and that we can work through it and still love each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)