Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you celebrate your anniversay?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I always have such high expectations:(  Big anniversary coming up and I know we can't afford too much.  I feel like I have to mentally prepare myself so that I won't get too disappointed. 

What do you do to celebrate?  Have you ever pushed off "celebrating" for a better time that works?

Do you buy gifts for eachother?

Do you go out to celebrate?  do you do both?

I'm just wondering if maybe my expectations are not realistic...

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Sometimes it is eating a nice dinner after the kids go to bed. Sometimes we go out for dinner alone and sometimes as a family. Sometimes we have a nice family dinner at home. Sometimes we get a night or weekend alone. Sometimes we stay at a hotel. But we found our favorite is having the house to ourselves for a night or two alone.

4x4x16mom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:24 PM
We travel for 2 weeks. Ppl say travel before marriage, get it out of your system. I love going with dh to explore no places. Last year it was Rome, this year Greece. We don't really buy gifts, the trip is a gift. But he'll search for a romantic place to go for dinner.
Mashnut3161
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:26 PM

we don't buy gifts. We usually just get rid of the kids for a weekend and go out of town or at least get rid of them for the night and do a night out on the town. We are coming up on our 13th wedding anni in march.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Dinner out, no gift's and mad mad sex!

PeppermintyTea
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:28 PM
We usually just have a date night, and sometimes exchange small gifts. We don't go too over the top most of the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Depends. Always dinner out but we sometimes have to celebrate before or after our actual anniversary because of work schedules but that's ok for us. Always a gift sometimes small sometimes large. We've done weekends away and weeks away for our anniversary. It really is based on work schedules (dh works swing shift)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:58 AM

BUMP!

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:59 AM

not much, we never do gifts. I just find it strange to be like "oh here honey, here is a braclet for staying with me for another year"

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:00 PM

We don't always celebrate. Tomorrow will be our 6th anniversary.  If we do celebrate we usually go out to eat(nothing too fancy-applebees and other similiar restuarants) and go see a movie if we can agree on one. This year we are going to Kays to pick up the ring DH bought me(my present from him). Then we are gonna get some Chinese takeout and go home to play COD(my present to him).  My SIL is gonna take the kids and we are gonna play COD and do other things lol.

“Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”

Uzma_mom_of_2
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Yes we buy gifts. yes we have pushed it off till we were better financially, we've done both going out and staying home, this year though is the big 10. We've been planning it all this year, saving for it. Gonna spend a long weekend in the Tenn mountains.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)