Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Explaining illnesses to a child...

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:13 PM
  • 2 Replies

I'm looking for an suggestions of how to explain illnesses to a three year old. Specifically cancer. My dad just found out today and him and my son are the best of buds. I don't even know how to explain that his papa won't be as accessible as he has been in the past. 

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
elfling811
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:14 PM
When I had cancer, I wrote DD a book explaining it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:27 PM
This is actually a hard subject for me.
I just lost my father to cancer on July 4th.
He was best friends with all 3 of my sons. I have a 21 yr old that it hit the hardest. My 6 yr old was very upset , and my 3 yr old just misses him dearly not understanding what happened. Death is never easy ! No matter how old .

When my father was still alive , and in the hospital, I spent every night there with him. My younger boys asked many questions. We simply told them the truth. That my father, their grandfather , was very sick. W didn't say anything like he'll get better soon , or things will be better soon. We told them the truth. That their grandfather was very very sick.
We lost him within 3 months of being diagnosed stage 4. It sucked, it still sucks. He was never sick a day in his life. Until he got fucking cancer!

I'm sending you TONS AND TONS of good energy !!!!!

This situation just sucks ! I feel for you !!

Good energy to your father !!!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)