Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snot down the throat = puke

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

My 2yo has now puked twice today. He isn't sick just he has been getting choked up on the snot going down the back of his throat. He has had allergies/cold for the past couple weeks and had a horrible cough. well just today he quit coughing and now is getting choked up on the drainage down the back of his throat. Does anyone have any good suggestions to dry up his nose? also ive never had this before and don't know if it is relevent but both time he puked his nose was bleeding a little bit (not gushing or anything just i could see a drop come out with his runny nose.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:39 PM

BUMP!

Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:44 PM
The vomiting is probably because if the nosebleed, but the mucus.

One of my sons has gotten horrible nosebleeds from about one year on. I would recommend using a saline spray (one made for babies) to help keep his most moisturized and clear.
jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:55 PM

if he would let me that would work but I have a horrid time just wiping his nose let alone getting him to stay down long enough to use the saline. he is also very slippery and strong so over powering him does not work.

Quoting Roo1234: The vomiting is probably because if the nosebleed, but the mucus.

One of my sons has gotten horrible nosebleeds from about one year on. I would recommend using a saline spray (one made for babies) to help keep his most moisturized and clear.

jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:16 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:19 PM
For the nosebleeds, try vaseline or neosporin in his nose. You could putb it in there with a q-tip while he's sleeping.
If he's having nosebleeds, his nose probably doesn't need to dry out more.
mstricey
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Can he blow his nose? He's really to little for otc meds. You can try running some hot water in the bathroom, close the door and let him breath in the steam to open him up then maybe it will all drain out instead of back. Keep him hydrated. If all else fails call the doctor and ask for a script for benadryl. They'll tell you a dosage to give based on his weight.
jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:47 PM
He has already seen the dr back at his 2 year check up. It's just allergies and told us its ok to give him any of the children's allergy meds and they all are 1/2 to 1 tsp for his weight/age. He has had 2 baths today too because of puking in his hair. I wish he would blow his nose, and I have been working with him on it, but he just doesn't understand yet. I'm thinking even though his nose is running like a siv it is probably dry too from the air. We haven't had any moisture in a couple months and the temps have been up and down so much that it killer on the sinuses.

Quoting mstricey: Can he blow his nose? He's really to little for otc meds. You can try running some hot water in the bathroom, close the door and let him breath in the steam to open him up then maybe it will all drain out instead of back. Keep him hydrated. If all else fails call the doctor and ask for a script for benadryl. They'll tell you a dosage to give based on his weight.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)