Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally Thought I Found Happiness, I think I was wrong :(

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:34 PM
  • 12 Replies

So, I reconnected with someone from high school and we have been dating for 3 months now.  He's great, I am so in love with him.  Completely wonderful, great chemistry, treats me great.  The problem, he lives over 2 hours away.  We are both divorced and have kids.  So, we see each other every other week, which was ok, but I want more.  I need more.  I'm selfish I know, but was so unhappy for so long in previous marriage, I want that happiness.  I want it more than part-time.

It's not like it will end in 3 months or 6 months, looks like the soonest would be when my youngest graduates high school and goes to college, which is like 4 years from now.  I really feel like I was stupid to even start this , but didn't expect to fall in love.  Now, do I just end it and hope time ends the hurt and maybe find someone else or live like this for long time and feel sad a lot of the time but exceptionally happy others.  Talk about a roller coaster of emotion. 

I must admit, part of me gets angry because it's like he won't even entertain any possibility of moving.  I know his daughter lives there but he sees her every other weekend, why cant he do that from anywhere?  He does have a job and a house, but honestly says he loves me, but you know what? I put up with so much from my ex, part of me feels like if I can't have it all this time, maybe nothing is better.

I go so back and forth on it because I can't stand the idea of not talking to him everyday, but time heals all right???

:(

help...

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaCat1121
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:35 PM

ummm explain more that just a title

bcauseimthemom
by imjenndoe on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Vague much??

WillowRayne
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:36 PM
What?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Wow.

Three whole months and he doesn't want to uproot himself and disrupt his daughter's life.

Dump him and find a guy who wants to live in your pocket.

ColieO
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:12 PM
This. If you can't handle the distance, you're not ready for this relationship. You can Skype and still see each other on the weekends.

Maybe in a year or so if you're still together it might be an option. Until then, either move on or be grateful for what you do have.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow.

Three whole months and he doesn't want to uproot himself and disrupt his daughter's life.

Dump him and find a guy who wants to live in your pocket.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1QuirkysingleMa
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

It's been 3 months! If I was him, I'd be running if some chick was making these demands this soon.

Twix.Leigh
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Personally, 3 months is waaaay too early to move in together, much less move a town over. Give it time. Relationships do best with time and patience.
Also, how old is his daughter?
triforcechick
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:18 PM
Good lord. Calm your tits. It's been three months. Stop being selfish and look at the big picture. If I was dating a guy who was acting like you I would run in the opposite direction. He has a life already established. Find a way to compromise or move on.
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:19 PM

If it was that important to you, you would be willing to uproot yourself and your kids as well. It doesn't sound like either one of you is ready to take that step and yes, you sound incredibly selfish. It is not his job to make up for everything you think your ex did.

worwalkerlds
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Wow, I go to college with a girl that's been in a long distance relationship for 2 years.  They do it because they go to different colleges.  They see each other maybe once a month or so for a few days.  You've been with this guy a whole 3 months and you are upset he won't move? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)